The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Fresher - How compulsory is the welcome week???

OK basically I'm a Plymouth Fresher this year and because I have severe anxiety and am dreading moving I want to leave it as late as humanly possible (have visited a couple of times so know it okay-ish...failing that Google Maps :u:) Can you realistically get away with skipping the welcome week and just showing up on the 28th??

I don't really care about missing "freshers week" activities as I plan to do anyway and am not in halls so I don't have a designated move-in time. But I didn't know if there was anything really important that was gonna screw me over if I missed it :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Hi!
I'll be a Plymouth Fresher this year too! I think the freshers week activities include induction sessions for your course, choosing your elective modules, and scanning your SLC letter if you need to as well. On your timetable online, it should have some sessions you need to attend in the week, so you could probably get to Plymouth in time for them if they're later in the week so you don't have to go down so early? I don't know how important they exactly are, but I wouldn't want to miss choosing modules if it effected my choices!
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Some of them are really useless, others are worth going to.

I also have anxiety, I went down as early as I could so I could get used to Plymouth and feel less out of place when welcome week began. That may be a better plan than having to deal with lectures and really bad anxiety at the same time?
Original post by charlox
OK basically I'm a Plymouth Fresher this year and because I have severe anxiety and am dreading movinhey ig I want to leave it as late as humanly possible (have visited a couple of times so know it okay-ish...failing that Google Maps :u:) Can you realistically get away with skipping the welcome week and just showing up on the 28th??

I don't really care about missing "freshers week" activities as I plan to do anyway and am not in halls so I don't have a designated move-in time. But I didn't know if there was anything really important that was gonna screw me over if I missed it :s-smilie:

Hey I'm a fresher too, moved into halls yesterday and haven't really made any friends yet. Are you in the city now? Maybe we could meet up today? I'm a nice friendly person I'm just not into clubbing and drinking excessive amounts so I'm finding feathers hard so far. Let me know if you want to and maybe we could explore the city or something? X
Reply 4
Original post by Stridey_xxxx
Hey I'm a fresher too, moved into halls yesterday and haven't really made any friends yet. Are you in the city now? Maybe we could meet up today? I'm a nice friendly person I'm just not into clubbing and drinking excessive amounts so I'm finding feathers hard so far. Let me know if you want to and maybe we could explore the city or something? X

Hey, I just moved in yesterday and I'm a bit shy around new people and freshers is a bit intimidating! If any of you guys are in halls I'm happy to have a little meet up today, maybe go for a coffee or a walk or something?
Original post by catriniii
Hey, I just moved in yesterday and I'm a bit shy around new people and freshers is a bit intimidating! If any of you guys are in halls I'm happy to have a little meet up today, maybe go for a coffee or a walk or something?

Check your pm x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending