The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Uni of plymouth

HI, currently I am year13 student and will be submitting my ucas soon for optom and so i just have few questions. is there lots of muslim girls? is it diverse? how is the living condition like and for second year do you have to find your own house to rent? DID YOU NEED INTERVIEW TO GET INTO OPTOMETRY? just overall on how you like
Original post by Izzyjahan
HI, currently I am year13 student and will be submitting my ucas soon for optom and so i just have few questions. is there lots of muslim girls? is it diverse? how is the living condition like and for second year do you have to find your own house to rent? DID YOU NEED INTERVIEW TO GET INTO OPTOMETRY? just overall on how you like

Hey Izzyjahan,

How exciting for you! Best of luck with your exams in the coming year. 🤩

The University is very diverse, with a wide range of religions and nationalities. We have a quiet space and prayer room for people to use within our campus library, and we also have our Islamic Society where you'll be able to meet lots of other Muslim students.

For living, we have a number of university owned accommodation for your first year, you can find those here. And for your second year onwards, you can rent privately, or through a university accredited letting agent. More information on these can be found here. Often students choose to live with their housemates they meet in halls.

For information about Optometry you can ask our student rep Katy on Unibuddy here, and find out all you need to know before you apply 😊

Finally, you will likely need an interview for Optometry, however this is standard practice, and your school/6th Form College should help you to prepare for this. Alternatively, you can ask advice from a trusted teacher or adviser within your school/6th Form College.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Have a great week.

Best wishes,
Amelia - University of Plymouth
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending