The Student Room Group

Official: University of Plymouth A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the University of Plymouth A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/u...lor-of-surgery

For entry requirements click the link above
UCAT cutoff last year: 2680

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, would Plymouth be a good choice for me? I have 2810 B1, 999999888 at GCSE and A*A*A predicted at A Level. Thanks for any help :smile:
Original post by Rhiannon29
Hello, would Plymouth be a good choice for me? I have 2810 B1, 999999888 at GCSE and A*A*A predicted at A Level. Thanks for any help :smile:

yes
Original post by Rhiannon29

You meet the gcse and a level requirements provided your a levels include bio + another science. You are also above 2023 cutoff by a reasonable amount as listed in the first post of this thread. It’s a good choice yes
Reply 4
Original post by Chi chi5
You meet the gcse and a level requirements provided your a levels include bio + another science. You are also above 2023 cutoff by a reasonable amount as listed in the first post of this thread. It’s a good choice yes

what was the 2023 cutoff?
Original post by bekaoncns
what was the 2023 cutoff?

Hii I commented on the st georges post, I was wondering if my same score would be good for plymouth too? Thank you so much
Original post by 2026_helia
Hii I commented on the st georges post, I was wondering if my same score would be good for plymouth too? Thank you so much

hey 2760 right? yes youd be good, just to say sgul doesn't allow resits so you would interview but would have to firm them to get the AAA offer. otherwise youd miss your offer of A*AA as it wasn't achieved first sitting
hey 2760 right? yes youd be good, just to say sgul doesn't allow resits so you would interview but would have to firm them to get the AAA offer. otherwise youd miss your offer of A*AA as it wasn't achieved first sittingI haven't

I haven't done any resits, also their website says their entry requirement is AAA though? Also what does having to "firm" them mean, I've heard it used other places too?
I haven't done any resits, also their website says their entry requirement is AAA though? Also what does having to "firm" them mean, I've heard it used other places too?

you said last yr AAA, this yr A*, sorry could you clarify what you meant? I thought you resat a subject

on ucas if you have two or more offers you firm one and insure the other. if you meet the requirements for your firm you go there, if you miss your firm offer you go to your insurance offer if you meet that one x
you said last yr AAA, this yr A*, sorry could you clarify what you meant? I thought you resat a subject

on ucas if you have two or more offers you firm one and insure the other. if you meet the requirements for your firm you go there, if you miss your firm offer you go to your insurance offer if you meet that one x

Apologies let me clear up some confusion: I achieved AAA in Bio Chem Maths Last year and then did an extra A level in Persian and got an A* achieved this year 😊
Apologies let me clear up some confusion: I achieved AAA in Bio Chem Maths Last year and then did an extra A level in Persian and got an A* achieved this year 😊

Ohh ok thank you for clarifying! I’d email sgul just to make sure they’re happy with that. Same for Plymouth just in case they short list A*AA like they did for 2022 entry

I suspect neither of them will mind as you haven’t resat but it’s always good to get confirmation in writing when dealing with non straightforward situations x good luck and well done!
Just emailed them both now, thank you!
Ohh ok thank you for clarifying! I’d email sgul just to make sure they’re happy with that. Same for Plymouth just in case they short list A*AA like they did for 2022 entry

I suspect neither of them will mind as you haven’t resat but it’s always good to get confirmation in writing when dealing with non straightforward situations x good luck and well done!

Just emailed them both now thank you!
Reply 14
Hi there, I got 2860 Band 1 (10 9's 1 8) A* A* A predicted grades - is plymouth good to secure an interview? I've heard they have low post interview offer rates though, which puts me off :frown:
Reply 15
Hi !
2750 Band 1
AAC - C in chemistry
Resat Chemistry and got an A

Is Plymouth a risky choice :frown:
Original post by mndcsnkj
Hi !
2750 Band 1
AAC - C in chemistry
Resat Chemistry and got an A

Is Plymouth a risky choice :frown:

no, but your offer may be A*AA
Reply 17
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the University of Plymouth A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/u...lor-of-surgery

For entry requirements click the link above
UCAT cutoff last year: 2680

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Hello,
My Ucat score is 2740 SJT B 2. I have 10 GCSEs 9999999988 + 9 in Level 2 Further Maths. My a-level predicted grades are A*A*A. What are my chances for interview selection at Plymouth?
Thanks
Reply 18
Hi,

I am a repeat candidate. Scored AAB and resitting B in chemistry. Predicted A*/A

UCAT 2720, SJT Band 2

GCSEs 9A* 1A (Northern Ireland )

Worth applying to Plymouth?
Does Plymouth only need AAA or do they prefer A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending