The Student Room Group

Should I Revise Everyday?

It's Friday tomorrow and my first week of my GCSE course is nearly over. Every day I've went home and revisited the subject I just learnt at school and I'm wondering if it's good enough since my first exam is in January which is a Maths mock I think (I'll ask my Maths teacher again) but is my technique good? I'm planning to make this a consistent thing by everyday constantly reading back what I've learnt until 5-6 months before the exam initiate my hardcore 3-5 hour revision sessions for the specified exam.

I'm enrolled for the higher tier paper for Science but my class is absolutely noisy, they almost seem like they don't care about their future (I'm also wondering how do people like these get in the same classes as me, have I been cursed?) and I'm enrolled for the foundation tier paper for Maths which I'm REALLY unhappy about considering I was a math genius in primary school and to know I've slacked off makes me sad.

So to summarize this up, I want tips that will help me throughout the whole 2 year course, this is the only thing I can do to make my mother proud as she's having a finance problem at the moment (moved house cause of divorce now she's paying £324 for private bus hire to my school and works extra hours JUST FOR ME :frown:) I would really appreciate advice from people who constantly revised throughout the whole course, thank you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, I say it would be. I am doing that too actually, but don't put too much time on it daily (I find homework quite important too, because I usually do it in high quality (so it sticks to my mind easily), which is not only beneficial for revision, but it also gives the teacher a good impression of you. ) Oh, and if I have spare time, I'll prepare for the subjects that I'll be taught the next day.
Don't give yourself that much pressure though (my flaw sometimes....just won't really admit I feel stressful sometimes in long revision hours), as it's just GCSE, it won't be that hard, and I think you can handle it well, as you are already quite concerned about the revision techniques in this early stage.
Don't worry about the class, I think you'll do alright, and I think that would be a great situation for you to 'shine' in class.
Little tip, flashcards, post-it notes and mindmaps are quite useful for revision, and remember to read back not only what you've learnt on that day, but also the days before (that is very important!)
(Your mom is really nice... :smile: )
by the way, what subjects are you taking? (I'm doing IGCSE)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending