The Student Room Group

My first year of Ramadan but GCSE's are near

i converted to muslim in the summer so this means that this Ramadan is my first ever
However I have GCSE's in less than two months and although ramadan doens't go through exam time, I still need the energy to revise and get good grades
My mum (born muslim) told me to try it on the easter holiday but not during school days in order to have energy to revise

Is this okay??
Original post by dooby_boss
i converted to muslim in the summer so this means that this Ramadan is my first ever
However I have GCSE's in less than two months and although ramadan doens't go through exam time, I still need the energy to revise and get good grades
My mum (born muslim) told me to try it on the easter holiday but not during school days in order to have energy to revise

Is this okay??

I am not muslim, but from what I know if you miss fasts, then you have to make them up before the next ramadan
Reply 2
i'm born muslim i have my university entrance exam in two months . i don't think missing days is the right option . it's not worth the sin or the consecutive 60 days you have to fast to make up just one day ( we only fast one day to make up missing days with excuses like sickness , period or traveling) . so have faith in god and it will pass easily . i started fasting when i was 10 years old and i know the feeling of the first month of fasting . it can be overwhelming especially when you have exams and obligations that should be fulfilled . but the keys is to know that you're not alone and if you try to make a small step towards god . he will make ten towards you . make dua .also have a clear timetable and ajuste your schedule around your energy levels . for exemple from suhoor to midday study hard subjects when you feel your energy is drained go to sleep to recharge and be able to stay up late . you can study easy subjects befor iftar . don't eat too much food all at once during iftar cause you will fell sleepy instead eat small quantity during the night . and that's it make sure you're hydratetd and inshallah everything will be fine . hope i helped .
Reply 3
I did all my GCSE/A-level exams in the Ramadan when the fast was super long and opened around 10pm.

In my mocks, I would get As/Bs, in my real exams I got all A*s. Of course do what you think is best for you, but personally I’m convinced that Allah SWT certainly helped me more because I was fasting - I actually think that fasting kept my brain more focused too.
Original post by dooby_boss

Is this okay??

Allah is merciful, do whatever you feel is right for you, if you can’t fast, the next best thing is to give charity and food to the poor.
Original post by mmariemm
i'm born muslim i have my university entrance exam in two months . i don't think missing days is the right option . it's not worth the sin or the consecutive 60 days you have to fast to make up just one day ( we only fast one day to make up missing days with excuses like sickness , period or traveling) . so have faith in god and it will pass easily . i started fasting when i was 10 years old and i know the feeling of the first month of fasting . it can be overwhelming especially when you have exams and obligations that should be fulfilled . but the keys is to know that you're not alone and if you try to make a small step towards god . he will make ten towards you . make dua .also have a clear timetable and ajuste your schedule around your energy levels . for exemple from suhoor to midday study hard subjects when you feel your energy is drained go to sleep to recharge and be able to stay up late . you can study easy subjects befor iftar . don't eat too much food all at once during iftar cause you will fell sleepy instead eat small quantity during the night . and that's it make sure you're hydratetd and inshallah everything will be fine . hope i helped .

you helped a lot, thx!!
it also depends on your body how much ramadan will affect you! i know personally ive fasted with very little difficulty the 3 times i did it, even when i forget to eat in the mornings, but some of my friends struggle a lot more. many people also say fasting makes their mind feel sharp and clear, not foggy or slow, so it might even be an advantage. faith can keep you going, god will reward you <3 good luck!!
Just revise a few hours everyday in the morning before you get too hungry or tired.

If I can do a full time job and fast without problems it will be possible to fast and revise say from 9.00-1.00 pm everyday.

And revise more after Ramadan.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest