Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there, I wish to drop out university year, perhaps take a gap year, and hopefully reapply again next year. The reason being is that I don't feel like I have the right mind set to study this year. I what to work for a year, earn some money, don't want to rely on my parents finances. Am starting a foundation course in engineering

    My question if I what wish to drop out, how would I go about it? My student finance hasn't cleared yet so could I cancelled and reapply next year? Also how would I be able to reapply through UCAS, can use my original statement with the same account? If so, do I need to create a new account and pay the original £23 to reapply again at same university?

    Any advice/information would be much appreciated, thanks.

    You might be able to defer your place if you want to do the same course at the same university. But, you'll have to contact them about that. Otherwise, yes, you would have to pay again to reapply with no guarantee of a place.
    Most courses, it is easy to fit work around study, so maybe consider this as an option, too.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 18, 2015

University open days

  1. City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.