The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Thinking of dropping out University

Hi there, I wish to drop out university year, perhaps take a gap year, and hopefully reapply again next year. The reason being is that I don't feel like I have the right mind set to study this year. I what to work for a year, earn some money, don't want to rely on my parents finances. Am starting a foundation course in engineering

My question if I what wish to drop out, how would I go about it? My student finance hasn't cleared yet so could I cancelled and reapply next year? Also how would I be able to reapply through UCAS, can use my original statement with the same account? If so, do I need to create a new account and pay the original £23 to reapply again at same university?

Any advice/information would be much appreciated, thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
You might be able to defer your place if you want to do the same course at the same university. But, you'll have to contact them about that. Otherwise, yes, you would have to pay again to reapply with no guarantee of a place.
Most courses, it is easy to fit work around study, so maybe consider this as an option, too.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending