The Student Room Group

Could i change my uni course once i've applied

Hi, last year i started a biomedical science degree and i realised it wasn't for me, so i dropped out, and applied for maths at a different university instead. That means i had to take a gap year and i'll be starting uni again this september. I wouldn't mind maths, but now i'm thinking weather or not i should've studied for a physics degree (at the same university), i like both subjects and i'm wondering if that's the right option for me.

When i dropped out, ucas told me that if i dropped out again, then i would have to pay for the course with my own money, if thats the case then I wouldn't want to switch, i'm just wondering if that's an option for me.

if it's not possible, or if it's a long process. then i wouldn't want to do it, but i'd like to know if it's possible

Also, if i have to take another gap year, that isn't worth it either for me.
Original post by Muhammad012
Hi, last year i started a biomedical science degree and i realised it wasn't for me, so i dropped out, and applied for maths at a different university instead. That means i had to take a gap year and i'll be starting uni again this september. I wouldn't mind maths, but now i'm thinking weather or not i should've studied for a physics degree (at the same university), i like both subjects and i'm wondering if that's the right option for me.

When i dropped out, ucas told me that if i dropped out again, then i would have to pay for the course with my own money, if thats the case then I wouldn't want to switch, i'm just wondering if that's an option for me.

if it's not possible, or if it's a long process. then i wouldn't want to do it, but i'd like to know if it's possible

Also, if i have to take another gap year, that isn't worth it either for me.

Hi!

I would recommend getting in touch with your university to ask about the possibility of switching as they can advise if this is possible and tell you what other options you may have.

Hope this helps,
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending