The Student Room Group

A100 Edinburgh Medicine - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey i'm thinking of putting Edinburgh as one of my options for medicine but since they don't interview I'm not sure if i have a chance?they say 50% of the application is academic requirements, do they rank gcses? or how do they get the data for this 50%?

I have 9A*'s and 1A(english lang) at GCSE
4 AS grades = A*A*A predictions for A2
Ukcat 716 avg and SJ band 1
Original post by clairebear101
Hey i'm thinking of putting Edinburgh as one of my options for medicine but since they don't interview I'm not sure if i have a chance?they say 50% of the application is academic requirements, do they rank gcses? or how do they get the data for this 50%?

They look at GCSEs, A-level predictions and your fourth AS
Original post by Hopeful medic97
Ukcat 7th octile ☹️
SJT band 1
GCSEs 6A* 2A 1B which seriously affected my score but I didn't know this till after application. Also my school only does 9 GCSEs and Edinburgh score best 10!
AS AAAA
Predicted A2 A* AA

Wasted application really if I had known how they scored a B and best 10 GCSE I would have applied somewhere else.
But on a positive note they did like my ps so hopefully Keele will too😃

Hi, i'm a potential 2017 entry applicant, and was thinking of applying to edinburgh. i have 10a*s at gcse and 1b, so was just wondering what you meant by, 'how they scored a b'? thanks
Original post by Unknown_12345
Hi, i'm a potential 2017 entry applicant, and was thinking of applying to edinburgh. i have 10a*s at gcse and 1b, so was just wondering what you meant by, 'how they scored a b'? thanks

The way it works, 9A*s and a B is scored below 10As. But you need not worry, since they look at your best 10 GCSEs only.
Original post by Asklepios
The way it works, 9A*s and a B is scored below 10As. But you need not worry, since they look at your best 10 GCSEs only.

That's really stupid! but thank you for your reply! i got a b in eng lit, will that be a problem?
Thank you!
Original post by Unknown_12345
That's really stupid! but thank you for your reply! i got a b in eng lit, will that be a problem?
Thank you!

No
Hey,
i'm a potential 2017 entry and i got 10A*s and an A at gcses, but 2 of those A*s were taken early and one was a resit from an A that i got in year ten. What would my GCSEs that they count be and where would this put me in their points rankings.
Original post by clairebear101

Really good. You'd only need 4/6 on your PS to get 38 overall which is a safe offer score.
Reply 728
any current graduate student who can give any useful tip on the interview? :smile:
did anyone get an offer via the waiting list in August/September in 2016?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending