The Student Room Group

Can I achieve DDD/DDM with MM at first year?

Hi there, I'm currently studying Creative Media Level 3 at college and at the end of my first year I got MM as my final grade. I'm looking into doing a Theatre and Film and Television Studies BA at Uni, but as there aren't very many universities that do that, the grade requirement for BTEC is DDD.
Is there anyway I could bring my grades up to at least a DDM to possibly get an interview? I've only recently decided that I want to do musical theatre as well as film in my future and because of that all the film course I've looked at only require a DMM which at the moment is looking very likely to me.
The struggle is real!! I love the theatre so much, but it's a lot harder to get in than just film & TV on it's own. I don't wanna do two BAs either.
Also if I were to just do film and TV, would there be any transferable skills that could land me a job in theatre? I was possibly thinking stage management is similar to floor management of a multicam studio which I've quite enjoyed before.

As you can tell I'm a bit of a mess at the moment in trying to figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending