The Student Room Group

Student Finance.. if I go now and repay will it be wiped?

I have just come to uni about 10 days ago, but have decided I want a break from education to re-evaluate my future and so I am going to leave tomorrow.

I plan on ringing up Student Finance Wales and telling them I wish to repay the grant and loan money in full that was put into my bank account last week (plus any interest as I note it starts from when you get paid it.. so hopefully it will only be a few pennies at this point in time!).

As the university isn't due to get the tuition fee money for another 3 weeks, and, therefore won't because I will have long gone by that point, do you think my 'gift' year won't be affected? So that going forward I would be able to have 4 full years funding available to me? Or will they still count it (even though I wouldn't have gained a single penny from the system) and say I am only entitled to three years funding if I decide to return to uni in the future?

If I do come back to uni I probably would just do the 3 years but it would be interesting to know.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Usually, you end up with no repercussions if you leave uni soon enough after the start of the academic year. You need to check direct with your uni and SFW.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending