Announcements

ReputationRep:
    1 MSN
    2 yahoo message
    3 ICQ
    4 others

which one is best ?

ReputationRep:
    I like msn the best. I have only used Aim other than msn but msn seems to be far superior.

ReputationRep:
    I use MSN purely because all my friends are on it. Don't particularly like the interface though - I might give Trillian a try.

ReputationRep:
    so most people use MSN . me too , but I also use ICQ and yahoo message.

ReputationRep:
    MSN and QQ

ReputationRep:
    I have msn, yahoo, AIM, ICQ, skype and IRC

ReputationRep:
    I have them all, but "use" is the operative word. The last time I actually talked to someone was.. err... about two weeks ago? Weirdos used to message me all the time on ICQ til I put on "No cybersex chat, because you're all crap at it. And don't bother unless you're interesting." Now no-one messages me at all because it's a bit of a scary message!

But yes, I go on these things all the time but never seem to actually chat on them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sz72)
    MSN and QQ
    oh are you chinese too?

ReputationRep:
    i know quite a few people who use icq - but why? it is terrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i know quite a few people who use icq - but why? it is terrible
    It makes cute typing noises when you're typing messages, and if you're bored it's random chat feature is far better than AIMs. I don't think MSN or Yahoo even have a feature where you can chat to people you don't know..

ReputationRep:
    Msn

ReputationRep:
    i used msn just because most other people have it. i have yahoo messenger on my computer (cos my server is btyahoo) but i've never used it.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i used msn just because most other people have it. i have yahoo messenger on my computer (cos my server is btyahoo) but i've never used it.

lou xxx
    I only use MSN cause it came bundled with XP, lol. ICQ is OK, use to use it, but it became annoying what with its incessent typing noises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I only use MSN cause it came bundled with XP, lol. ICQ is OK, use to use it, but it became annoying what with its incessent typing noises.
    I also think that MSN is perhaps the most popular too, I've just been going through people on the forum and adding them to MSN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    It makes cute typing noises when you're typing messages, and if you're bored it's random chat feature is far better than AIMs. I don't think MSN or Yahoo even have a feature where you can chat to people you don't know..
    yes ,I agree with him .Both advantage and disadvantage in each chat software

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haiwei0567)
    I have to say that most of the people I talk to are on MSN (80 contacts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I have to say that most of the people I talk to are on MSN (80 contacts)
    but we have to admit that before MSN came to world , most people used icq .

ReputationRep:
    but we have to admit that before MSN came to world , most people used icq .
    definitely time to move on

ReputationRep:
    I am a girl but yeah, there's good and bad points in every program.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.