The Student Room Group
lol you know you love me really, i'm new and could do with a confidence boost. :wink:
Reply 2
Damn.

Stupid 10-day-rule. :rolleyes:
Just look through some threads, and find the person who's post you believe most deserves it.
Or just give it to someone who you like their posts generally.
please give me rep. Id do anything, lol. Never mind, Im not that desperate. I only have one gem :frown:
Reply 5
4Ed
before i go on holiday tomorrow.

who should benefit?

Someone who's deserved it - made you laugh/cry/agree/disagree with.

Life's too short for rep whoring :smile:
Indeed. I think to be realistic i will have to wait a long time before i get any decent rep, i don't know many people here very well yet.
Reply 7
BlueAngel
please give me rep. Id do anything, lol. Never mind, Im not that desperate. I only have one gem :frown:

OMG. You really need to keep this in prospective. Its a green box on an internet forum.
Reply 8
you know, i've been here for quite a while, my post count is ok, admittedly it needs a bit of attention, but it'll do for now.

I would say that the standard of my posts is generally reasonable, occassionally witty or amusing, often helpful. Why, then, do i still only have one green gem? *sigh* does anyone actually realise i exist?! :tongue:
Reply 9
4Ed
before i go on holiday tomorrow.

who should benefit?

where are you going on holiday? :smile:
Reply 10
tis_me_lord
Indeed. I think to be realistic i will have to wait a long time before i get any decent rep, i don't know many people here very well yet.

It doesnt matter if you know them, anyone can agree with your posts.
grace
you know, i've been here for quite a while, my post count is ok, admittedly it needs a bit of attention, but it'll do for now.

I would say that the standard of my posts is generally reasonable, occassionally witty or amusing, often helpful. Why, then, do i still only have one green gem? *sigh* does anyone actually realise i exist?! :tongue:

Maybe you don't appeal to the sort of people who give out rep easily?
Some members give it out whenever they get the chance to, and some save it for when they think something is especially good.

But surely you should get more satisfaction from helping people without the need for reward, than any reward you do get for it.
I don't think that's usually the real reason people get rep though or more people with under 1000 post count would have more then 1 or 2 green gem things. I suppose many of the older people happen to be nice at the same time though. Anyway i don't care about them as much as it seems so i'll just go and eat some ice-cream quietly now.
Reply 13
tis_me_lord
I don't think that's usually the real reason people get rep though or more people with under 1000 post count would have more then 1 or 2 green gem things. I suppose many of the older people happen to be nice at the same time though. Anyway i don't care about them as much as it seems so i'll just go and eat some ice-cream quietly now.

look at deianra, she has like four, and not a ton of posts.
me want this square green box
Reply 15
Iluvatar
Maybe you don't appeal to the sort of people who give out rep easily?
Some members give it out whenever they get the chance to, and some save it for when they think something is especially good.

But surely you should get more satisfaction from helping people without the need for reward, than any reward you do get for it.

hahaha, ok, i'll accept that i'm un-appealing and be happy with my one green gem! :biggrin:
Well Grace i have never seen you until now, i am new though, i can't judge how rep worthy you are yet - though from me i don't think it really gains very much, maybe about 2 points!
I deserve one. I fell down the stairs and broke both my legs so now I am stuck in front of a comp and will have to make lots of posts in threads. And I just this minute got engaged! :biggrin:
grace
hahaha, ok, i'll accept that i'm un-appealing and be happy with my one green gem! :biggrin:

Your not un-appealing as such, but there are generally three types of people who seem to get alot of rep.

1) Those who help other people out all the time, although thats often newbie rep, and isn't worth much.

2) Those who make people amused, post alot of funny and entertaining things, which tend to get alot of rep

3) People who do alot of rep trades.

Being somewhere between the first two makes it hard for you to stand out enough to get rep.

Latest

Trending

Trending