The Student Room Group

Digital Handwritten Notes

I just got a convertible laptop and want to know the best way to write handwritten notes on it is. I want to use OneNote to make notes on lectures. Would it be best to just annotate the slides from lectures with what the lecturer is saying or write up the lecture slides?
Original post by TwilightSpark
I just got a convertible laptop and want to know the best way to write handwritten notes on it is. I want to use OneNote to make notes on lectures. Would it be best to just annotate the slides from lectures with what the lecturer is saying or write up the lecture slides?

Hi there,

I'd say that this is great for saving your time as much as possible, therefore annotating notes seems to be a great way to go if you can study from that. I'd recommend giving both ways ago and seeing what works best for you

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,

I'd say that this is great for saving your time as much as possible, therefore annotating notes seems to be a great way to go if you can study from that. I'd recommend giving both ways ago and seeing what works best for you

Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Thanks, last trimester I copied out all the lecture notes on paper and it was quite time consuming and I often didn't skippid lectures. I had to catch at the end for exams.
Thanks, last trimester I copied out all the lecture notes on paper and it was quite time consuming and I often didn't skippid lectures. I had to catch at the end for exams.

I totally agree. I think that something time-consuming like that can be a blocker to just getting the work done. Being able to hand write notes onto the slides seems like a great way to save time though!

Hi @TwilightSpark ,

I would say writing on lecture notes is helpful because you dont have to worry about writing what is on the slides and you can listen to what the lecturer says and come out of that lecture with all your notes in one place!

I see you have written below about writing up notes then your notes can be time consuming, I did this too in my first year (now third year) and found I barely even looked at those notes but revised the best when I made extra notes from the lecture and used those notes! It is good to hear that you tried it too to see if it worked for you.

I hope this helps and good luck with the rest of the academic year!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Hi there!

I did the exact same as you when I had lectures. I found it best to just import the slides into onenote and annotate with anything the lecturer said. For my course, we had exams based on these slides so I would then make anki flashcards out of the lecture slides / annotations and revise from these!

I hope this helps!
Rebecca, UCLan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending