The Student Room Group

electrician apprenticeship at 23

hello people

Im looking into getting an electrician apprenticeship. I've been to uni and ended up in a job I didn't enjoy as much as I had hoped. so I've been looking for jobs and any different possible changes in careers and have found a desire and interest to retrain as an electrician.

Ive found an application for a apprenticeship with local electrical company which i have applied for and have been offered a pre-selection interview with the college that i would be training with once a week (4 days hands on with the electrical company). Im going go and find out what i can when i go, but does anyone have any info on what my chances are as i'm older at 23.

Will i be able to get proper funding or will i be likely to lose out to a younger person that the electrical company wouldn't have to fund partially etc. I dont think I'm too late as i don't have anyone that depends on me and no real living costs, but do i have a chance with the company and what are ways i could get funding? any other advice/knowledge would be really appreciated.

thanks andy
yes you do - i work in a construction company that take apprenticeships/ adult apprenticeships. The government fund apprenticeships up to 24/25. i was a adult-apprentice myself - the difference is you are paid more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending