The Student Room Group

Have you ever been to a hood in the USA?

Sideman!
Original post by eoe
Sideman!

I have never been to the US and swore to myself that I would never go their when I was 17.
Reply 2
Original post by william walker
I have never been to the US and swore to myself that I would never go their when I was 17.

Why:devil3:
Reply 3
I was born in the ghetto. Raised in the ghetto. Saw my first nine millimetre in the ghetto. Had my first kiss in the ghetto. Playing hide and seek with the girls in the ghetto.
Original post by eoe
Why:devil3:

Because I hated the US at the time.
Original post by Davalla
I was born in the ghetto. Raised in the ghetto. Saw my first nine millimetre in the ghetto. Had my first kiss in the ghetto. Playing hide and seek with the girls in the ghetto.

Must be awful having micro-penis
Reply 6
Original post by BestBehaviour
Must be awful having micro-penis

I wrote my first hit in the ghetto. Yo Mona Lisa, can I get a date on Friday eh eh? It's hard for me to let go, living in the ghetto, the night they blast me cousin oh oh oh. I had to find a way out the ghetto. Picked up my guitar and started singing in the ghetto. Haters used to hate in the ghetto- said I wouldn't ever make it out of the ghetto.
Reply 7
Original post by Davalla

In the UK or US or somewhere else?
Why would you want to?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Surprised given your 'puritanical' credentials - the US is probably the one place on earth you still get communities of people even more 'kooky traditionalist' than you and I :mmm:

Given that the US was founded in destruction of the three institutions I support within the British nation state I can't understand why you would be surprised.
I've ended up in a ghetto accidentally a couple of times. :no:

When I first moved to this area, the barber was telling me where to avoid. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
We're not talking about you taking up residence on Capital Hill though are we? :beard: There are millions of people in the US who share the same views as you (including those who would like to see the US have the Monarchy back)! :woo:

Yeah I know the American Loyalists. :smile:

However there isn't millions of them. Just thousands.
Going to New York next week, and staying close to Harlem so might take a wonder up to see it. Supposedly the place has become really gentrified recently though, so does it still count as a ghetto? :confused:

To be fair don't think it will be worse than driving through central Johannesburg on a Friday night, or through going through a rough South African township.
Original post by Foo.mp3
What percentage of the US do you think they comprise? I'd say at least 0.5% (more than a mil)

Between 0.1-0.3%
I have it was disgusting. Like people talk of bad areas in the UK they're like heaven compared to that.
Reply 15
Original post by eoe
Sideman!

I was in the hood in detroit once.

I just walked through it not giving a ****. And these 8 black gentlemen came up to me and tried to rob me. I beat the **** out of all of them on the spot and knocked them out.

Little bit**** didn't know what hit them.

Quick Reply

Latest