The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
This is probably not the proper thread for this, but I'm going for it anyway because someone here may know what to tell me!

Has anyone an idea of how long St. Andrews gives those with offers to make a decision? I was given an offer to read for an MLitt Russian and am nearly certain that I want to do this program, but I don't want to make a decision until I hear from Cambridge and Oxford (which will likely be in May).

Any ideas?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
It obeys UCAS deadline which is set to 3rd May...at least for me...But don't worry, they will respond on time
Reply 22
wendy_17
Im going to be there...Zoology:smile: cant wait:smile::smile: ...2 many smileys..oh well:smile:

ooh sounds good :smile:

btw I like your dress in your profile pic. It's really pretty :love:
Reply 23
I'll be there too. Went to open day yesterday and now I am soooo impatient to just get there!

See You all!
Reply 24
Lucia.
ooh sounds good :smile:

btw I like your dress in your profile pic. It's really pretty :love:

Thank you :smile::p:
Reply 25
Chicklet21
I'll be there too. Went to open day yesterday and now I am soooo impatient to just get there!

See You all!

Yep see you there! :biggrin:

I was at that Open Day too. I fell in love with the place all over again :love:
Reply 26
Have just put St. Andrews as my firm, so hopefully I'll get the grades and be coming in September! :smile: Have been wanting to go to St. Andrews for 4 years now, and after visiting last year, fell in love with the place even more. I can't come to an open day, it's too far for me to get there and back in a day. Hope to see you all there!
Mezpie
Have just put St. Andrews as my firm, so hopefully I'll get the grades and be coming in September! :smile: Have been wanting to go to St. Andrews for 4 years now, and after visiting last year, fell in love with the place even more. I can't come to an open day, it's too far for me to get there and back in a day. Hope to see you all there!

did you not get offered free overnight accommodation in B&B with your open day? I thought everyone was offered it.
Reply 28
I haven't sent the open day form off, and the accommodation is not the problem really, it's getting there. I don't like flying and after two other open day visits, don't trust trains. Getting stuck somewhere you've never before as your train is cancelled or late is not fun. :frown:
Reply 29
Just put St Andrews as my firm to study IR, so I'll be there... IF I get AAA! :frown: We shall see...
Reply 30
Steeeeevo
did you not get offered free overnight accommodation in B&B with your open day? I thought everyone was offered it.

i wish - had to pay for a hotel room when i visited this week!
samson
i wish - had to pay for a hotel room when i visited this week!

:eek: really! must only be certain departments that offer it.
Reply 32
Steeeeevo
:eek: really! must only be certain departments that offer it.

possibly - all the letter said was something about having rooms available when the students were on holiday! ah well, i'm glad it didn't put me off visiting!:smile:
Reply 33
samson
Just put St Andrews as my firm to study IR, so I'll be there... IF I get AAA! :frown: We shall see...

ah good luck :yy: Hope to see you there :smile:
Reply 34
Lucia.
ah good luck :yy: Hope to see you there :smile:

:smile: Thanks for wishing me luck - I need all the luck I can get!! Likewise, hope to see you there too! If I get in I'll probably do some history modules so it'll be quite likely!
So, being in Scotland, have you got an unconditional offer?
Reply 35
my offer was conditional (I needed to get 4 merit passes in units on my HNC course, but seeing as I now already have the 4 since applying, I guess its pretty much unconditional:smile:, I look forward to seeing you all there:smile:
Reply 36
samson
:smile: Thanks for wishing me luck - I need all the luck I can get!! Likewise, hope to see you there too! If I get in I'll probably do some history modules so it'll be quite likely!
So, being in Scotland, have you got an unconditional offer?

ah yes I did...I feel like I'm cheating somehow :redface: hee hee
I'm really happy :biggrin:

So yes, I hope I'll see you there :smile: I was thinking about some IR modules as well.

What subjects are you studying at the moment? :smile:
Reply 37
Lucia.
ah yes I did...I feel like I'm cheating somehow :redface: hee hee
I'm really happy :biggrin:

So yes, I hope I'll see you there :smile: I was thinking about some IR modules as well.

What subjects are you studying at the moment? :smile:

I would kill for an unconditional! :p: That'd be awesome, just being able to relax knowing it's all guaranteed! Ah well, I'll just to have to work hard, I'm afraid! :frown:

Yeah, I was originally considering applying for IR and Modern History, but quite glad I didn't seeing as I can do modules from History anyway, despite only applying for IR. Are you just doing History in general then, or something more specific?

At the moment I'm doing Maths, History and English Literature, none of which are particularly exciting, I have to admit, but so long as I get the grades I'll put up with them! :smile:
Good luck on getting your AAA grades for international relations, i'm sure you'll get there! Hope to see you in September:smile:
Reply 39
samson
I would kill for an unconditional! :p: That'd be awesome, just being able to relax knowing it's all guaranteed! Ah well, I'll just to have to work hard, I'm afraid! :frown:

Yeah, I was originally considering applying for IR and Modern History, but quite glad I didn't seeing as I can do modules from History anyway, despite only applying for IR. Are you just doing History in general then, or something more specific?

At the moment I'm doing Maths, History and English Literature, none of which are particularly exciting, I have to admit, but so long as I get the grades I'll put up with them! :smile:

I'm just going to study History in general. I'm so looking forward to it :biggrin:

aww good luck with getting the grades; sure you will :smile:

I study English Lit, History, Politics and Chemistry.

arrgh I can't do maths :eek: you must be great :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending