The Student Room Group

Why are we giving social housing to immigrants from Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia etc?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by billydisco
The original post image (and my signature) is from the anti-EU leave.eu group.....

So I am campaigning against the policies, not the people....

Should have quoted the person my comment was referring to (not you).
@billydisco do you ever back any of your comments up with fact or just make it up all the time?
Original post by United1892
@billydisco do you ever back any of your comments up with fact or just make it up all the time?

Sure he does. Where would the right be without baseless anecdotal "evidence"?
Original post by J.SMART
Sure he does. Where would the right be without baseless anecdotal "evidence"?

True.
Original post by J.SMART

"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Hmm.

When I see the balkanisation of society the left have created in this country, through its advocacy of multiculturalism, uncontrolled immigration, and the constant extolling of the latter's cultural and economic benefits (the more desperately argued as immigration's unpopularity become greater and greater) I am reminded less of Plato than of Thomas Fuller:

"A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
Original post by chocolate hottie
Hmm.

When I see the balkanisation of society the left have created in this country, through its advocacy of multiculturalism, uncontrolled immigration, and the constant extolling of the latter's cultural and economic benefits (the more desperately argued as immigration's unpopularity become greater and greater) I am reminded less of Plato than of Thomas Fuller:

"A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain.

Have a nice day with your propaganda :smile:
Original post by J.SMART

Have a nice day with your propaganda :smile:

"Immature thought is predominantly purposive and utopian." E H Carr

To your point though, most of the country agrees with me on immigration, it is you who are swimming against the national tide and need to propagandise and put lipstick on the pig.

You have a nice day too! :smile:
"Immature thought is predominantly purposive and utopian." E H Carr

To your point though, most of the country agrees with me on immigration, it is you who are swimming against the national tide and need to propagandise and put lipstick on the pig.

You have a nice day too! :smile:

And the majority of people used to think the sun revolved around the earth. Was Galileo propagandising putting lipstick on the pig?

Propaganda that lots of people agree with is not suddenly not propaganda, it is just propaganda that worked.
Original post by J.SMART
And the majority of people used to think the sun revolved around the earth. Was Galileo propagandising putting lipstick on the pig?

Propaganda that lots of people agree with is not suddenly not propaganda, it is just propaganda that worked.

Are you seriously comparing the left's campaign to convince the electorate of the benefits to Britain of uncontrolled immigration to Galilelo's persecution by the Vatican for proving the earth revolves around the sun?

Seriously??
Are you seriously comparing the left's campaign to convince the electorate of the benefits to Britain of uncontrolled immigration to Galilelo's persecution by the Vatican for proving the earth revolves around the sun?

Seriously??

Yes. Both were the result of fear-mongering and willful ignorance. Everything is putting lipstick on the pig according to conservatives until they find out that they're wrong.
because of the EU, obviously. we have no control.
Original post by J.SMART
Yes. Both were the result of fear-mongering and willful ignorance. Everything is putting lipstick on the pig according to conservatives until they find out that they're wrong.

On our side of the debate we say that uncontrolled immigration will change our society irrevocably for the worse. We can see the signs of communal strife already, and we would not wish that on a country we love dearly.

You are in denial about this, with all your naive utopian BS about the "facts" of how immigration is wonderful, but
in thirty or forty years, if it continues at this present rate, you will realise we were right all along.

But it will be too late then. Perhaps it already is.
Oh look, the typical leftie personal attacks have started.....

Don't you just love it when the left know they are beaten and resort to person attacks? :wink:

Errr... it wasn't a personal attack (though I understand how you might have taken it that way).

I have actually addressed some of the points you've made on the first page of this thread you've just not bothered to respond to any of my replies.
You just asked what other EU things have screwed over the UK, I tell you and you reply back with "thats how democracy works".......... I appreciate you're 16, so congrats, but your argument is just so inconsistent.

Enforce the non-EU immigration policy. I care not about nationality, but level of skill, sustainability and culture.

Not really? You can't expect the UK to always get their way and boohoo we voted against something and there were more votes against us. Stop bringing up my age as its more embarrassing for you, seeing as you don't have solid reasons to be against the EU

What if a low-skilled person from the UK wanted to move somewhere in the EU and they said no?
Original post by chantalc
Not really? You can't expect the UK to always get their way and boohoo we voted against something and there were more votes against us. Stop bringing up my age as its more embarrassing for you, seeing as you don't have solid reasons to be against the EU

What if a low-skilled person from the UK wanted to move somewhere in the EU and they said no?

Very few Brits actually want to though, due to lower wages in the countries where the people who move here are coming from and the countries with good jobs already have the staff.

Thats not a good enough reason as you are saying that justifies the EU's existance.
Original post by drbluebox
Very few Brits actually want to though, due to lower wages in the countries where the people who move here are coming from and the countries with good jobs already have the staff.

Thats not a good enough reason as you are saying that justifies the EU's existance.

not to places like germany, swede and norway?
If we leave the EU, will the right wingers continue to campaign for providing more social housing or will they leave that to the leftists like Corbyn?
not to places like germany, swede and norway?

Very few especially taking into account the population sizes, and type of work and its likely many of those anyway are ones from well off backgrounds who dont need to go.

I had a friend who was going to a placement in Russia that was sought after but had to pull out.

Even so do you think the amount of people who move there is even a fraction of those who move here?

I have Polish grandparents and even I think borders should be closed due to people taking advantage, wouldnt be as bad if it was small amounts.
The fishing quota which caused mass job losses in Grimsby?

Not to mention higher price fish for everyone in the country a food which is very healthy.

You would think for an island nation we would eat more fish....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good for them if they say no that should be their right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending