The Student Room Group

What is your current year 12 grade or target grade?

Currently I'm on either Es or Ds, it's equivalent to A/A*s at GCSE kind of so I expect that for English Literature and English Language purely because it's been a month. My English Language teacher said she firmly believes I'll get a B at A Level, wishful thinking. However for people doing Maths at A Level, they had to do an assessment in the first week and if they failed then they were kicked off in my school, I'm sure the same applies to any school though.

Anyone else?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Hahaha that's a lie. I had a maths entrance exam for year 12 last year no one gets kicked off its just to scare you.

btw e's and d's are not equivalent to A*s at GCSE... I've never heard that before.....
Original post by nayana71
Hahaha that's a lie. I had a maths entrance exam for year 12 last year no one gets kicked off its just to scare you.

btw e's and d's are not equivalent to A*s at GCSE... I've never heard that before.....

Its not a lie everywhere, we had 25 at the start of Maths AS and after the induction test it went down to 16.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Ben4
Its not a lie everywhere, we had 25 at the start of Maths AS and after the induction test it went down to 16.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's your school then, My teacher told me I passed the entrance exam but after the test I just didn't feel like I enjoyed maths anymore so I voluntarily left to switch subjects just like some other people in my class did , don't assume they got kicked out.
my current grades are B and my targets are A/ A*
Original post by Rhythmical
Currently I'm on either Es or Ds, it's equivalent to A/A*s at GCSE kind of so I expect that for English Literature and English Language purely because it's been a month. My English Language teacher said she firmly believes I'll get a B at A Level, wishful thinking. However for people doing Maths at A Level, they had to do an assessment in the first week and if they failed then they were kicked off in my school, I'm sure the same applies to any school though.

Anyone else?
That's your school then, My teacher told me I passed the entrance exam but after the test I just didn't feel like I enjoyed maths anymore so I voluntarily left to switch subjects just like some other people in my class did , don't assume they got kicked out.

Yes I said that your claim isnt correct everywhere, and thats a shame Maths is a great subject. Im sure it was the right decision for you though, and it wasn't an assumption.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm getting B-E's in my lessons and my target grade is A-A*
It's only early days i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

My school does and it sounds fair, maths is hard and not for the faint hearted and if you can't do it on the first week then no point doing it at all. And I said kind of, I didn't say it was and my teacher said it is equivalent to B and A grades at GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest