The Student Room Group

urgent help-royal mail proof of postage

Ive started to sell stuff on depop and had my first sale a few days ago. When I went to the post office I asked for 2nd class standard delivery. they gave me my proof of postage receipt, however the receipt only had the address of the post office I had been to, plus the amount I paid to have the parcel posted. It didn't contain the name or address of the person I was sending the parcel to, and therefore isn't solid proof if a dispute was to happen as theres no evidence that i sent it to them.

I have to go to the post office again today and was wondering, what do I ask the postoffice for in order to get a receipt with the receiving persons' address on it? is it a certificate of posting? does it cost extra?
Reply 1
So you just got a receipt, not a proof of postage thing?

I don't see how they can give you any proof of postage for something you posted several days ago.
You need to request for signed delivery next time. I sent a parcel and the recipient said they hadn't recieve it, I tracked the parcel via the post office website and discovered it had been signed for. I opt for this every time I sell items on eBay and it's always worked in my favour.
Recorded delivery mate, definitely gonna be a few quid more expensive but the recipient's address will be included in the receipt.
Fortunately I've never been burned by somebody else saying they haven't received an item on eBay.

You use Royal Mail though? I use MyHermes to send things, I find it cheaper for most items I send, especially if they are odd shapes and sizes.
Reply 5
You can ask for an address to be put on a Certificate of Postage without using the Signed For service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending