Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

urgent help-royal mail proof of postage watch

    • Thread Starter

    Ive started to sell stuff on depop and had my first sale a few days ago. When I went to the post office I asked for 2nd class standard delivery. they gave me my proof of postage receipt, however the receipt only had the address of the post office I had been to, plus the amount I paid to have the parcel posted. It didn't contain the name or address of the person I was sending the parcel to, and therefore isn't solid proof if a dispute was to happen as theres no evidence that i sent it to them.

    I have to go to the post office again today and was wondering, what do I ask the postoffice for in order to get a receipt with the receiving persons' address on it? is it a certificate of posting? does it cost extra?

    So you just got a receipt, not a proof of postage thing?

    I don't see how they can give you any proof of postage for something you posted several days ago.

    You need to request for signed delivery next time. I sent a parcel and the recipient said they hadn't recieve it, I tracked the parcel via the post office website and discovered it had been signed for. I opt for this every time I sell items on eBay and it's always worked in my favour.
    • Political Ambassador

    Political Ambassador
    Recorded delivery mate, definitely gonna be a few quid more expensive but the recipient's address will be included in the receipt.

    Fortunately I've never been burned by somebody else saying they haven't received an item on eBay.

    You use Royal Mail though? I use MyHermes to send things, I find it cheaper for most items I send, especially if they are odd shapes and sizes.

    You can ask for an address to be put on a Certificate of Postage without using the Signed For service.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 27, 2015
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.