The Student Room Group

Vinted

Has anyone used vinted website and can let me know how good it is for selling clothes?
Reply 1
hiii, i love vinted sooo much i think its such a smart way to get money and to get affordable clothes but a very small amount of people can just be abit annoying but except from that i love it!!
Reply 2
Original post by spowerr
hiii, i love vinted sooo much i think its such a smart way to get money and to get affordable clothes but a very small amount of people can just be abit annoying but except from that i love it!!

Do you have to pay postage when you send the item off?
Reply 3
Original post by Kutie Karen
Do you have to pay postage when you send the item off?

no the buyer has to do that :smile:
Reply 4
Okay. that's good. What charges does the seller have to pay? Do you have to work out the postage and add it to the listing?
Original post by spowerr
no the buyer has to do that :smile:
Okay. that's good. What charges does the seller have to pay? Do you have to work out the postage and add it to the listing?

no its all pretty straight foward for the seller i made about 200 over the summer on odd bits and peices
Reply 6
Wow that's cool. So there are no costs for the seller? Sometimes there are hidden costs and you get caughtl out.

Original post by needy-posture
no its all pretty straight foward for the seller i made about 200 over the summer on odd bits and peices
Wow that's cool. So there are no costs for the seller? Sometimes there are hidden costs and you get caughtl out.

The only money you have to pay is for if the buyer doesn't receive the parcel or if you bump your items
Reply 8
thanks. fantastic.:smile:
Has anyone used vinted website and can let me know how good it is for selling clothes?

Hi @Kutie Karen

I love Vinted!

I recommend uploading a few items at a time so that you've got things for shoppers to look through. You never know, they may want to buy a bundle of a few items!

With bundles too, you can also apply a group discount if someone buys so many of your items. I like to use this feature to encourage people to buy more from me.

And reply to all your messages, even if you've declined an offer someone made so you keep buyers happy and keep getting 5 star reviews!

Best of luck with starting up!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU 🙂
Reply 10
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Kutie Karen

I love Vinted!

I recommend uploading a few items at a time so that you've got things for shoppers to look through. You never know, they may want to buy a bundle of a few items!

With bundles too, you can also apply a group discount if someone buys so many of your items. I like to use this feature to encourage people to buy more from me.

And reply to all your messages, even if you've declined an offer someone made so you keep buyers happy and keep getting 5 star reviews!

Best of luck with starting up!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU 🙂

Thanks. That's amazing.I didn't realise that people made offers on there. My major worry is how to work out prices to put it on there for and any fees and charges that as I a seller I should add to the price of the item. someone metioned that the buyer pays the postage but how do you get re-imbursed if you as the seller have to pay for it to send it in the first place?

Ive sold quite a few things on there. I think its pretty good. Ive never had any problems.
When selling stuff you dont have to pay anything either.
Thanks. That's amazing.I didn't realise that people made offers on there. My major worry is how to work out prices to put it on there for and any fees and charges that as I a seller I should add to the price of the item. someone metioned that the buyer pays the postage but how do you get re-imbursed if you as the seller have to pay for it to send it in the first place?

Hi @Kutie Karen

So what will happen is, you will list an item and put how much you would like to sell it for. For example, I might sell a New Look dress and put it as £5.

The buyer can offer a lower price and you can either accept, or decline, or decline and give a higher counter offer - whatever you'd like to do.

The postage is paid for by the buyer. The buyer will select postage at checkout and usually they choose something like Evri or Yodel etc, and all you have to do it print off a label or take the parcel to a drop off - usually in a Tesco Express or corner shop, and send off the parcel. You never technically see the money for the postage as the buyer pays for it directly. Or if you end up posting with Royal Mail, the buyer will pay for the postage in addition to the item's price, so you shouldn't be out of pocket.

I hope this makes sense! It takes a bit of getting used to, but if you just try a few items and give it a go, you should pick it up fairly quickly.

Emily 🙂
Reply 13
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Kutie Karen

So what will happen is, you will list an item and put how much you would like to sell it for. For example, I might sell a New Look dress and put it as £5.

The buyer can offer a lower price and you can either accept, or decline, or decline and give a higher counter offer - whatever you'd like to do.

The postage is paid for by the buyer. The buyer will select postage at checkout and usually they choose something like Evri or Yodel etc, and all you have to do it print off a label or take the parcel to a drop off - usually in a Tesco Express or corner shop, and send off the parcel. You never technically see the money for the postage as the buyer pays for it directly. Or if you end up posting with Royal Mail, the buyer will pay for the postage in addition to the item's price, so you shouldn't be out of pocket.

I hope this makes sense! It takes a bit of getting used to, but if you just try a few items and give it a go, you should pick it up fairly quickly.

Emily 🙂

Thank you so much. You have explained it brilliantly and it makes sense. What happens if the parcel does not arrive or they are unhappy with the item?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending