Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm literally failing French (getting Es) but the thing is I'm partially deaf. I know that I'll fail my listening because of this and I failed my speaking as I cant speak clearly apparently (not my fault) is there anything I can do. I'm year 11 btw

ReputationRep:
    Hey, there's always the two other sections. I've just done GCSEs and one of my friends got a U in the actual listening exam, a C in the reading, A in the speaking and A* in writing and still got a B overall so although two parts may not be strong the other two will bring you up, it's not a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does your teacher and school know about you being partially deaf? You can get extra stuff from the exam board(like your own room for the listening with louder track, etc.).

Here's a document on ofqual regarding modern foreign languages (look at page 25 for information about 'hearing impaired candidates').

Hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangeee22)
    Does your teacher and school know about you being partially deaf? You can get extra stuff from the exam board(like your own room for the listening with louder track, etc.).

Here's a document on ofqual regarding modern foreign languages (look at page 25 for information about 'hearing impaired candidates'.

Hope it helps!
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...d-guidance.pdf

Forgot to paste it in

ReputationRep:
    they do know but don't do much and do you have a link for that ofqual thing please? Just seen it thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    The link was a big help thanks 😃

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.