The Student Room Group

French GCSE help

I'm literally failing French (getting Es) but the thing is I'm partially deaf. I know that I'll fail my listening because of this and I failed my speaking as I cant speak clearly apparently (not my fault) is there anything I can do. I'm year 11 btw
Reply 1
Hey, there's always the two other sections. I've just done GCSEs and one of my friends got a U in the actual listening exam, a C in the reading, A in the speaking and A* in writing and still got a B overall so although two parts may not be strong the other two will bring you up, it's not a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does your teacher and school know about you being partially deaf? You can get extra stuff from the exam board(like your own room for the listening with louder track, etc.).

Here's a document on ofqual regarding modern foreign languages (look at page 25 for information about 'hearing impaired candidates').

Hope it helps!
Original post by orangeee22
Does your teacher and school know about you being partially deaf? You can get extra stuff from the exam board(like your own room for the listening with louder track, etc.).

Here's a document on ofqual regarding modern foreign languages (look at page 25 for information about 'hearing impaired candidates':wink:.

Hope it helps!

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/387691/gcse-modern-foreign-languages-consultation-on-conditions-and-guidance.pdf

Forgot to paste it in :colondollar:
they do know but don't do much and do you have a link for that ofqual thing please? Just seen it thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest