The Student Room Group

French GCSE

I am not actually doing my GCSE but an End Of Year Exam in Y10 and I dont really understand about how to revise for french? There is also so many vocab I have to revise which i don't seem to understand. PLEASE HELP
I don't take French but I know that my friends who do just try and learn all of the vocab off by heart. Hope that helps.
Original post by ekiraiai
I am not actually doing my GCSE but an End Of Year Exam in Y10 and I dont really understand about how to revise for french? There is also so many vocab I have to revise which i don't seem to understand. PLEASE HELP

i find that just doing questions from a text book helps.its how i revise
Reply 3
The bulk of my french "revision" for GCSE consisted of reading james et la grosse pêche, and watching peppa pig en français lol (ou mdr si on parle français :smile:)
Also looked over a few verbs. However I didn't really struggle too much with vocab I tend to see parallels with english words, or spot patterns in the french words, or just not use certain words. And a few phrases/structures/outlines to phrases sort of imprinted themselves into my memory.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Hi I am doing my GCSE's right now and this is what really helped me.
Making vocab flash cards and going through them regularly
Making a tense timeline
QUIZLET!!!!
Listening to French podcasts instead of music on the bus and train sometimes
Watching shows with French subtitles
And doing practise papers under timed conditions

Hope this helps!

(edited 10 months ago)

I would suggest first making a list of all the topics you need to cover, and now, because you may not have much time (unless if you've already done the exam), as @ishaml_ said, Do quizlet!!!
It's the easiest way, because you can just put all the vocab and meanings and grammar and whatnot in and revise them really quickly!
I hope that helps and good luck with your exam! (if you haven't done it already lol)

Quick Reply

Latest