Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unit 4a Making Business Decisions: New Balance Case Study watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone started the work on this and started to create revsion material for the case study? I am looking to share ideas and possible questions

ReputationRep:
    Hey,Does anybody have the corporate culture and strategy for New Balance?Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone calculated the financial ratios for New Balance, using the figures from the case study evidence.
    I have, but I fear I may have calculated some incorrectly.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoBro13)
    Hey,Does anybody have the corporate culture and strategy for New Balance?Thanks
    What do you mean? I have made some notes regarding the corporate strategy of New Balance; I don't know if that's what you are looking for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELISLEARN)
    Has anyone started the work on this and started to create revsion material for the case study? I am looking to share ideas and possible questions

I have made some notes. I have some notes on SWOT analysis regarding New Balance, and have made notes on weather or not New Balance's CSR is deep-routed or just a marketing exercise, and made notes on New Balance's mission statement.
    I also found some notes that applied Ansoff's matrix to New Balance.
    I have also started to consider PESTLE factors, in relation to New Balance.

Don't know if these would help.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Robinson SR)
    I have made some notes. I have some notes on SWOT analysis regarding New Balance, and have made notes on weather or not New Balance's CSR is deep-routed or just a marketing exercise, and made notes on New Balance's mission statement.
    I also found some notes that applied Ansoff's matrix to New Balance.
    I have also started to consider PESTLE factors, in relation to New Balance.

Don't know if these would help.
    These would be very helpful! Please share them, if you do not mind.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how we figure out the net profit margin from evidence D since it doesn't give you the net profit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannon-97)
    Does anyone know how we figure out the net profit margin from evidence D since it doesn't give you the net profit?
    They probably won't ask that, ROCE is more likely to come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannon-97)
    Operating profit is the same thing as net profit.

So Net profit margin: (Operating profit/ Turnover) x100

In 2012: NPM= -0.58%
    In 2013: NPM= 2.25%
    In 2014 (from my own research and not in the case study): 11.04%

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a tricky exam to revise for as there are no past papers on NB to practice from.

From the evidence, I think you can sort of guess what's gonna come up...
    - Something about the UK factory (possibly pros/cons of having one)
    - Something financial (more likely ROCE, Current and Acid Test ratios because Net Profit and Gross Profit Margins came up last year)
    - Something about CSR
    - Something about possible future growth strategies
    - Something about HR competitiveness

Just my predictions . IMO the key for the longer questions is not to panic as the answer will be there in the evidence somewhere. Just make sure you're familiarised with the evidence and make sure every answer is contextualised to NB (i.e. if you could insert any company's name into your answer and it still makes sense then it isn't contextualised enough).

I hope I've been of some use to you, and good luck everyone!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.