The Student Room Group

Unit 4a Making Business Decisions: New Balance Case Study

Has anyone started the work on this and started to create revsion material for the case study? I am looking to share ideas and possible questions
Reply 1
Hey,Does anybody have the corporate culture and strategy for New Balance?Thanks
Has anyone calculated the financial ratios for New Balance, using the figures from the case study evidence.
I have, but I fear I may have calculated some incorrectly.

thanks
Original post by YoBro13
Hey,Does anybody have the corporate culture and strategy for New Balance?Thanks

What do you mean? I have made some notes regarding the corporate strategy of New Balance; I don't know if that's what you are looking for...
Original post by ELISLEARN
Has anyone started the work on this and started to create revsion material for the case study? I am looking to share ideas and possible questions

I have made some notes. I have some notes on SWOT analysis regarding New Balance, and have made notes on weather or not New Balance's CSR is deep-routed or just a marketing exercise, and made notes on New Balance's mission statement.
I also found some notes that applied Ansoff's matrix to New Balance.
I have also started to consider PESTLE factors, in relation to New Balance.

Don't know if these would help.
Reply 5
bump
Reply 6
Original post by Jim Robinson SR
I have made some notes. I have some notes on SWOT analysis regarding New Balance, and have made notes on weather or not New Balance's CSR is deep-routed or just a marketing exercise, and made notes on New Balance's mission statement.
I also found some notes that applied Ansoff's matrix to New Balance.
I have also started to consider PESTLE factors, in relation to New Balance.

Don't know if these would help.

These would be very helpful! Please share them, if you do not mind.
Does anyone know how we figure out the net profit margin from evidence D since it doesn't give you the net profit?
Reply 8
Original post by rhiannon-97
Does anyone know how we figure out the net profit margin from evidence D since it doesn't give you the net profit?

They probably won't ask that, ROCE is more likely to come up
Original post by rhiannon-97

Operating profit is the same thing as net profit.

So Net profit margin: (Operating profit/ Turnover) x100

In 2012: NPM= -0.58%
In 2013: NPM= 2.25%
In 2014 (from my own research and not in the case study): 11.04%
I think it's a tricky exam to revise for as there are no past papers on NB to practice from.

From the evidence, I think you can sort of guess what's gonna come up...
- Something about the UK factory (possibly pros/cons of having one)
- Something financial (more likely ROCE, Current and Acid Test ratios because Net Profit and Gross Profit Margins came up last year)
- Something about CSR
- Something about possible future growth strategies
- Something about HR competitiveness

Just my predictions :smile:. IMO the key for the longer questions is not to panic as the answer will be there in the evidence somewhere. Just make sure you're familiarised with the evidence and make sure every answer is contextualised to NB (i.e. if you could insert any company's name into your answer and it still makes sense then it isn't contextualised enough).

I hope I've been of some use to you, and good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending