The Student Room Group

HOW has noone noticed this????

When the Charlie Hebdo lot released images of the Prophet Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) even though he is seen as a sacred figure for over 1.57 billion muslims and it would offend ALL of them . . . it is considered a great, noble and considerate act of freedome of speech and so NO non-islamic world leader spoke out. Okay fine, no worries. I guess everybody loves freedome of speech and it has no limits. No probz!!

However, with the recent Sinai plane crash killing 244 people, Charlie Hebdo has released some more offensive cartoons. Russian Prime Minister has condemned it. Okay fine, if you say so Mr Putin. Here's the good part. But why do you condemn THIS and not their past insult to all the muslims?

"This is not a matter of democracy or self-expression. This is sacrilege."

Oxford definition of "sacrilege" - Violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred.

Sacred? Hmmm, and this did NOT apply with the previous Muhammed incident? REAALLYYY makes you think, doesn't it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skip_Snip
Real people dying recently v a long dead paedo.

Oh yeah, mocking the two is completely comparable.

pretty much
The very fact you're asking this is outright proof that religion has turned your mind into mush.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Real people dying recently v a long dead paedo.

Oh yeah, mocking the two is completely comparable.

You both have completely missed the point. And you're both islamophobic = You won't post anything of value to this argument.
Original post by Butternuts96
When the Charlie Hebdo lot released images of the Prophet Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) even though he is seen as a sacred figure for over 1.57 billion muslims and it would offend ALL of them . . . it is considered a great, noble and considerate act of freedome of speech and so NO non-islamic world leader spoke out. Okay fine, no worries. I guess everybody loves freedome of speech and it has no limits. No probz!!

However, with the recent Sinai plane crash killing 244 people, Charlie Hebdo has released some more offensive cartoons. Russian Prime Minister has condemned it. Okay fine, if you say so Mr Putin. Here's the good part. But why do you condemn THIS and not their past insult to all the muslims?

"This is not a matter of democracy or self-expression. This is sacrilege."

Oxford definition of "sacrilege" - Violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred.

Sacred? Hmmm, and this did NOT apply with the previous Muhammed incident? REAALLYYY makes you think, doesn't it?

Perhaps it is not sacrilege in the idea of religion, but mocking the loss of innocent lives is a completely different matter to possibly offending a religion who said NOTHING.

Someone, even if it is Putin, has to stick up for those killed. No one opposed the Muhammed drawings, so if the major religious leaders didn't have a problem then I don't know why you do.
(edited 8 years ago)
Charlie Hebdo made jokes about that toddler that drowned a while back , **** them.
Original post by hellafandom
Perhaps it is not sacrilege in the idea of religion, but mocking the loss of innocent lives is a completely different matter to possibly offending a religion who said NOTHING.

Someone, even if it is Putin, has to stick up for those killed. No one opposed the Muhammed drawings, so if the major religious leaders didn't have a problem then I don't know why you do.

I'm sorry, maybe your influx of information is faulty but every single scholar of Islam who had heard of the incident had condemned the drawings (AND the gunmen fyi) however you never heard of it because mainstream media refuse to highlight this.
I don't think anyone approved of what Charlie Hebdo said, but they recognised their right to say it. Plenty condemned Hebdo's publications regardless, and it is a squalid, racist little rag.

But that doesn't give anyone a pass to murder them. Charlie Hebdo is lauded for its relationship to free speech - to say what's unpopular with safety.

No not really

and like the 1.something billion Muslims Putin can be told quite firmly to Fudge himself.

Equality. It's a wonderful thing:biggrin:
Original post by BaconandSauce
No not really

and like the 1.something billion Muslims Putin can be told quite firmly to Fudge himself.

Equality. It's a wonderful thing:biggrin:

What was that middle line supposed to mean? Try to take some lessons in grammar, son.
What was that middle line supposed to mean? Try to take some lessons in grammar, son.

I was trying to find a polite way of telling Putin to go **** himself

Similar the 1.billion odd Muslims

Is that clearer for you?
You both have completely missed the point. And you're both islamophobic = You won't post anything of value to this argument.

You asked for a debate. Don't **** yourself when people with different views input.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Charlie Hebdo aren't making jokes of the events, they use the events as a political commentary. Something which will make people think and more importantly make people talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just an FYI OP, Putin isn't the prime minister...
Charlie-Hebdo-Sine.jpg

This is true by the way, not a made up conspiracy. It's not even very offensive but it still got him fired which shows the power the they have in France and the West in general.

In Canada a man named Arthur Topham of RadicalPress is on trial in Canada for upsetting some Jews.. for hate speech.

Things like this go on all the time but don't get any attention in the media of course. I might contact RussiaToday or PressTV they'll probably be interested in it :biggrin:

Islamophobe. = .Somebody that holds a fear and hatred of Muslims.

Since 1948 over 11,000,000 Muslims have been killed in disputes and conflicts, the vast VAST majority killed by other Muslims.
The world's biggest islamophobes by far are other muslims which, assuming you are one butternut, means ironically you are a bigger islamophobe than the two posters you attempted to close down with that slur .

I personally, believe it falls under freedom of expression to satirize the Russian plane crash.

But there is a massive difference. One is mocking the deaths of 244 people. The other is mocking one man.

The fact that millions of muslims will be offended by someone drawing a picture of muhammad, what's relevant is whether they are justified in being offended, and they simply are not.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
I personally, believe it falls under freedom of expression to satirize the Russian plane crash.

But there is a massive difference. One is mocking the deaths of 244 people. The other is mocking one man.

The fact that millions of muslims will be offended by someone drawing a picture of muhammad, what's relevant is whether they are justified in being offended, and they simply are not.

That last sentence is 100% subjective whilst the FACT is that sacrilege refers to that which people (any people) see as sacred.
Original post by Moonstruck16
You asked for a debate. Don't **** yourself when people with different views input.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shut up mate, my point is valid. Islamophobes wouldn't give a damn about this issue and would only post valueless comments. It'd be nice to see unbiased non-muslims thoughts on this.
Original post by caravaggio2
Islamophobe. = .Somebody that holds a fear and hatred of Muslims.

Since 1948 over 11,000,000 Muslims have been killed in disputes and conflicts, the vast VAST majority killed by other Muslims.
The world's biggest islamophobes by far are other muslims which, assuming you are one butternut, means ironically you are a bigger islamophobe than the two posters you attempted to close down with that slur .

Your post is literally nonsensical. Don't post if you're not gonna post something of relevance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending