The Student Room Group

I feel hurt by my friend

Me and a friend, we'll call Sam, had been annotating a book with sticky notes for a while now. We'd annotate a chapter each and then comment on each others annotations. We'd only done 3 chapters but the chapters were quite long. It had been Sam's turn to annotate for a while but they had been busy. Recently, one of our friends, we'll call Morgan, has been picking up books from our shared flat. Last night Morgan came over to pick up some more books which Sam asked me to give back to them as I had finished reading them. I was in my room when I heard talking about the book we had been annotating. I assummed they were just talking about it but when I came out of my room the annotations were taken out of the book and the book had been given to Morgan to read. I felt really hurt by it. It felt like a slap and I feel like I've lost trust with them. It feels really dramatic but reading books and analysing books was something we did regularly together. The book in question was Sam's favourite and I really enjoyed talking and annotating it. I would have wanted Sam to have told me or atleast messaged about it before hand. I know that it's their book but it was something we had been planning to do for months and finally started doing. I feel so upset about it and all the things we've been planning to do or currently make me feel like its pointless. I just feel so insecure now in our friendship.
Reply 1
Another important point recently Sam has been telling me to shut up or that noone cares when I say something. I know its meant as a joke but it feels hurtful when they say it. I can never tell if I'm going to get a friend who hugs me or one who hurts me
Reply 2
I think you should have a discussion with Sam and tell him how you feel about the whole situation and if his response is remorseful and rude. Then I think you should both go your separate ways, surely you will make new friends in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending