The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Fashion buying degree

Does anyone have any advice for me..
Basically I am a student nurse in my second year and starting to think I took the wrong career path.
I have always wanted to have a career in the fashion industry, but never had the belief that I would be able to make a really good career out of it because it is so competitive.
Anyway I have a BTEC in business studies which I came out with DDD.
I passed all of my GCSES also.
Is this enough qualification wise to apply to universities in London (i'm from Liverpool) to do a degree in fashion buying?
also how hard is it to actually get a place?
Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
theres actually a degree in fashion buying?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by 1laura
Does anyone have any advice for me..
Basically I am a student nurse in my second year and starting to think I took the wrong career path.
I have always wanted to have a career in the fashion industry, but never had the belief that I would be able to make a really good career out of it because it is so competitive.
Anyway I have a BTEC in business studies which I came out with DDD.
I passed all of my GCSES also.
Is this enough qualification wise to apply to universities in London (i'm from Liverpool) to do a degree in fashion buying?
also how hard is it to actually get a place?
Thanks for any help!

Hi Laura
Studying a degree in Fashion Buying Management is a great step towards starting a career in the Fashion Industry. If you are thinking of studying in London then you will be in a good position to gain valuable work experience too. If you research these types of courses on UCAS you will find that the majority of Fashion Buying courses offer a work placement opportunity. The course at Westminster is a 4 year programme with a year out in industry. Having a BTEC in Business Studies with DDD is a good qualification to have so if you are interested in changing careers this shouldn't be an issue.
Good luck!

Kim :smile:
Course Enquiries Team
Fashion degrees actually exist? My respect for the world has just dropped into the negative.
Reply 4
Original post by Keyhofi
Fashion degrees actually exist? My respect for the world has just dropped into the negative.

No no, you misunderstand. This is fashion BUYING. The skills are very sought after.
Original post by Speckle
No no, you misunderstand. This is fashion BUYING. The skills are very sought after.

What do you spend three years studying? Names of the modules?
Reply 6
I'd like to know as well; how are you graded?
Reply 7
Original post by Keyhofi
What do you spend three years studying? Names of the modules?

I think the modules I enjoyed most and found most applicable to the real world were:

Modern materials
Advanced online shopping
Introduction to onesies
Wardrobe management
Reply 8
Oh look once again people unnecessarily offering their opinion on a specific degree which they've never experienced despite that not being what the OP asked at all, how cute and pretentious.
Original post by Speckle
I think the modules I enjoyed most and found most applicable to the real world were:

Modern materials
Advanced online shopping
Introduction to onesies
Wardrobe management

The bad thing is, I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending