The Student Room Group
Reply 1
sweetiepop
Im 17 and and want to become an a actress.Have any of you had any experience in the buisness who could give me any advice????

For any crying scenes, put a hole in your pocket, and when the crying scene comes up put ure hand in the hole and pluck the hairs. Or for the confused look attempt to divide 215 by 13...... (Copyright Joey from Friends.)

And if that fails to get u any acting jobs jst sleep with the producer/director/coffee boy
sweetiepop
Im 17 and and want to become an a actress.Have any of you had any experience in the buisness who could give me any advice????

Acting's a very hard business to break into. Always have a contingency plan for if it doesn't work out for you. There are so many poor actors who've failed to break the market it's unbelievable!! Finish your exams, get some qualifications, and set a time limit on how long you're going to try at acting - and stick to it.

If it doesn't work out, have something to fall back on.. You don't want to wake up one morning when you're 30 and think "what have I done with my life", but if you spent say two or three years at it, you could at least think "well I gave it a go, but maybe it wasn't for me".

Oh, and take a look at http://www.younglives.co.uk/ devised by the Cambridge psychology lecturer in positive psychology I met a while back, Dr Nick Baylis, it might help you decide your direction in life.

As with anything in life, nothing's ever fail-safe.
i suggest u learn how to act. i find the best actors can. x o x :smile:
Reply 4
LittleMissSmile
i suggest u learn how to act. i find the best actors can. x o x :smile:

I would say that you have plenty of time if you really want it. If you love to do it don't just do it for two to three years. Stick with it. The most successful box-office actor ever, Harrison Ford, was 34 years old when he got his big break.

Sam.

PS 30 is not the end of your life. It's nowhere even close.
Reply 5
I am 13 and I wont to be a Actress when I'm older what do I have to do.
Vicky
Reply 6
do gcse and alevel drama (theature studies) and then possibl go to a acting school
Reply 7
I'm 13 and I wont to be a Actress what do I have to do. Vic
Reply 8
You probably want to choose to do Drama at GCSE, similarly at AS (if you intend continuing your education past 16). English Lang/Lit would be useful too I suppose.

Maybe you could join some local drama groups, and get involved in school productions.
Reply 9
sweetiepop

do an english degree and join a dramatics society.
Reply 10
Alec
You probably want to choose to do Drama at GCSE, similarly at AS (if you intend continuing your education past 16). English Lang/Lit would be useful too I suppose.

Maybe you could join some local drama groups, and get involved in school productions.

Thank you for your Advice
Reply 11
Reply 12
im 13 n want to get in to drama
all i can do at the moment is keep goin 2 drama club and et involved with the plays im not shy i dont ave a good voice but i will sing in front of people no sweat so when i go to the next school im talkin drama as one of my main chocies so if any one has any other ideas i could do please email me on [email protected] . i just want to get in to it at a early age as me dad said it will be the best time to start
Reply 13
Go to an acting college, um, in London Guildhall is supposed to be fantastic. Secondly, get an agent. What aspect of acting do you want to do? Theatre? Tv? Movies?

I suggest Theatre, its a lot of fun and the live audience thing is great, A major in Drama will be good for that. As for film, you have to look great, be articulate, and just be very extremely lucky. Acting itself can have little or nothing to do wiht it.
Get an agent first, and let them find you jobs, so you can still work while waiting for auditions
Reply 15
i wanted to be an actress for years. I was part of a theatre company for three years and we toured all over the place, it was great fun, we even went on blue peter and performed in the millennium dome. its great fun but really hard to get into. I decided to get my education first so i have something to fall back on. But after completing my alevels this yr, im actually goin to uni in sept. May pick it up later in life, but definately get you education first, otherwise theres no chance youll get a well paid job whilst lookin for work- its very competitive!oh yeh, and get the stage newspaper- you can get it form whsmiths, it comes out weekly or fortnightly- cant remember, but lists loads of auditions etc. the website is thestage.co.uk, its v good. also getting the contacts book- has details of agencies etc over the country- you can order this through the stage too
good luck
x

Latest

Trending

Trending