The Student Room Group

University Starter Advice

Hi guys!

With many students applying for university and receiving offers at the moment, they may be wondering what university life is actually like.

They may be turning to this thread seeking advice or experiences, so it may be useful to comment below some generic starter advice to put their mind at ease!

For me, I would definitely suggest getting registered at your local GP and registering to vote if you decide to move away!

Let us know below :smile:

Estelle
Graduate Advocate
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi guys!

With many students applying for university and receiving offers at the moment, they may be wondering what university life is actually like.

They may be turning to this thread seeking advice or experiences, so it may be useful to comment below some generic starter advice to put their mind at ease!

For me, I would definitely suggest getting registered at your local GP and registering to vote if you decide to move away!

Let us know below :smile:

Estelle
Graduate Advocate

Hey, I love this idea!

University is a great experience, I’ve loved getting to try new things (like societies and sports) as well as getting to meet loads of new people!

My biggest fear when I started was that I wouldn’t make friends but by joining the Facebook group before I started, I found I met people through this so I knew people before I even started!

I hope this helps,
Rebecca, UCLan
Reply 2
There are loads and loads and loads of threads like this buried away in this section - it'd be good to merge them and sticky it so that incoming students can see everything in one place, right at the top of the page.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending