The Student Room Group

In what way(s) are you creative?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicst
could you please pm me the name and where should I find your first novel I wanna see ?

First book is Wolf Born by N. Gosney
Second book is Wolf Witch by N. Gosney

just type them into Google - you'll find them easily. :smile:
Ahhh, I am creative in so many ways - I play piano and compose a lot, especially love writing jazz arrangements of popular music; I also do A-level art and do so much creative stuff for myself - I do a lot of upcycling, last year I wallpapered the front of this disgusting grey plastic wardrobe and now it looks fabulous! I also buy clothes from charity shops and adjust them to fit or make them into something else... I also write a lot of poetry and short stories in my free time, sometimes in French. The list goes on...
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yes, the bear is the
Shakespeare of our little gang
Of small scale poets.

awwww... you can be the Homer :wink:
Original post by the bear
awwww... you can be the Homer :wink:

The old, blind one? Ta.

The smallest one at the back, I think!
Reply 26
Even "creative" people can't be creative all the time, all need input and inspiration.
Even Isaac Newton said he stood on the shoulders of giants.

If you want to push the boundary / discover your potential, you will be creative.

Jacko.jpg
Reply 27
When I was younger I used to write stories constantly. When I was around 10-11 I wrote about 30,000 words on a fantasy story that was basically about cats lol (but with warring factions and mystical creatures and stuff). Had a couple of other stories I wrote a few thousand words on. I would also always make graphs and tables and create my own "top trumps" style things with characters of my own creation. I also wrote a couple of orchestral pieces (all in C, with instruments jammed together senselessly and no proper knowledge of music theory lmao, but some of the melodic hooks were passable). I only did a small amount of poetry, never thought I was good at it, but I got a prize in I think year 6 for some poem. I joined a band when I was maybe 13 or 14 and wrote lots of songs (some aren't bad lol, sadly the band finished with uni starting) and lyrics for them (I sang and played the guitar). More recently I have been less and less creative in the traditional sense; in Year 13 when I wasn't writing any more songs I channelled most of it into English Literature A Level I guess. Now I'm at uni and the extent of my creativity is having to come up with ideas to solve maths problems, which is more creative than most would assume but I still wish I was creating more.
edit: Also I play chess but I'm pretty **** for the amount of time I've played although I do come up with pretty tactical ideas once in a blue moon
(edited 8 years ago)
I used to love writing when I was a kid, I used to write poems and stories all the time (I actually wanted to become a poet). GCSE English pretty much killed my love of writing though sadly, I never want to look at a poem again :frown:
I also love writing poetry! I write Haikus :wink: but usually tend to write random, non-rhyming poetry, only attempting a sonnet once in a blue moon.
Also, a hobby of mine is music in general - I'm in a choir, with pretty amazing pieces (I'm a big fan of the classical stuff); also I play piano, grade 7 (specifically Romantic (e.g. Chopin) music - I'm v picky:tongue:). Plus I like watching operas on you-tube... also listening to Hillsong... I have some pretty random musical tastes!
Then, I guess I'm a bit of a chess-fan, though I'm not particularly good at it.
And then there's writing stories; I don't write them per se, but I waste hours upon hours simply sitting and thinking up super-long stories (sadly, I probably could never publish them, as they're always based off real books). I once made up a mega-story about Sherlock Holmes, only this time, Watson was the main guy - ironically, he was literally the cleverest person in the world (the story included ET life)!:tongue: So that's how I waste my time:biggrin:
Play some piano and occasionally compose

[video="youtube;tBskvi0UlZI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBskvi0UlZI[/video]
When I was younger I played Warhammer 40k (no longer do because the school club closed and I don't want to play with the people you find in the stores) and I liked to make custom models and liked with certain models being able to position them in different ways.
Writing scripts , direct the actors and write poems and argue in debates 😎
Original post by NJA
Not just cakes (very important of course), do you add sugar or spice to life?

"ceative" should be creative

Original post by NJA
Not just cakes (very important of course), do you add sugar or spice to life?

"ceative" should be creative

I play the piano and sing, write songs
Reply 35
Original post by millmill2
I play the piano and sing, write songs

care to link to an example?
Most creative thing I do is in the music I make. I'm not like the most original or unique producer, because I mainly just hear things other people have done and employ their styles and techniques into my own. It is hard to be original these days, but I think I am.creative with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NJA
care to link to an example?

It's more of a hobby :smile:
I write. I occasionally try to draw, but I'm really crap at it. I cook whenever I can. I used to do a little conlanging, and am thinking of getting back into it...

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I write and publish novels
I play the piano
and I CAN cook / bake / knit I just don't do them very often
I would love to not be **** at piano :daydreaming: also I'm the same on the baking and knitting. Used to knit in college so my hands had something to do during lectures. They laughed at me for it...

Original post by driftawaay
Tbh I used to be more creative. When I was 10, I wrote several screenplays, novels (seriously! I still have them) and went to afternoon art classes and painted and danced and played the flute and ****. I don't do anything creative these days tbh. I dont feel creative at all anymore
Not thought about having a look over them now and maybe seeing if they need tidying up? I've got a friend near where I live who writes, does music, draws, paints, and is generally amazing to know, and when she was sixteen she wrote a novel about a girl called Erin who's a reformed heroin addict, and now lives life purely for playing this semi-magical game that revolved around tagging (as in graffiti). It's a really brilliant story, and I've been telling her for years to get it published, I'll even polish it up/whatever (her spelling isn't perfect) and help her get the publication done - whether it's at a traditional publisher or self-published. But no - I'm the only person who's ever read it. She said she wasn't interested in publishing it :dong:

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
When I was younger I used to write stories constantly. When I was around 10-11 I wrote about 30,000 words on a fantasy story that was basically about cats lol (but with warring factions and mystical creatures and stuff). *snip*
Get it written, it sounds interesting :angry:
(edited 8 years ago)
im not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending