The Student Room Group

Official Chemistry A F324 - Rings,Polymers and Acids June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charco
No, but it is very volatile so any slight increase in temperature will cause it to vaporise. If you add the bromine directly to cyclohexene (liquid) it will react.

thank you.
Reply 61
Hi guys,

In addition to the OCR Past papers, what other questions are good to do ?
Original post by Danllo
Hi guys,

In addition to the OCR Past papers, what other questions are good to do ?

legacy and aqa
Reply 63
[QUOTE=Mihael_Keehl;62414375]legacy and aqa

What about Edexcel ?
Original post by Danllo
What about Edexcel ?

yeah why not
OCR legacy papers are good for consolidating knowledge on a topic. I wouldn't particularly recommend them for exam practice though, as the current specification papers are significantly more challenging.
Reply 66
[QUOTE=marioman;62420617]OCR legacy papers are good for consolidating knowledge on a topic. I wouldn't particularly recommend them for exam practice though, as the current specification papers are significantly more challenging.

I totally agree with you. How can I over come this problem ? I mean Edexcel and AQA are okay but OCR have their own style
Original post by Danllo
I totally agree with you. How can I over come this problem ? I mean Edexcel and AQA are okay but OCR have their own style

Don't use up all the papers too quickly! There are 10 papers plus the specimen, so that will be enough I think. Probably best to focus on AQA/Edexcel/OCR legacy questions at the moment and then move onto real F324 papers a bit later on.
(edited 8 years ago)
Relax! There are many success stories both on this site and at my college (one of the largest centres on this specification) of people going from a C/B to A*/A in Chemistry, probably more than in other subjects. It is completely possible to get an A in your position. In terms of re-takes, F322 is the one you really want to focus on, as it's worth 150 UMS (25% of the entire A-Level) whilst F321 is only 90 UMS (15% of the A-Level). After having done F324, F322 will seem much easier than last year putting you in a good position for getting a high mark. You could also look into re-sitting the AS coursework if you think F321 might be a problem, but you probably won't need to. As for the A2 modules, just keep working at them! It's a good sign if you're almost at an A for F324 now. Remember that you still have 4 months to go until the exams.
Reply 70
That F324 paper still gives me nightmares, hopefully they will make it much easier this year :/
Hi everyone,

I'm also doing Chemistry too! Such a pain... :'(
But I'm sure if we do every single possible question we can ever find, based around our specification I'm sure we can all do well! :smile:

I have a question... has anyone done the quantitative enthalpy change of solution coursework yet?
Found the thread, hey guys :biggrin: Hope revision is going well for you! Anyone want to ask each other questions?
Reply 73
We need to get A/A* in chemistry guys ! Don't give up now, you will regret on results day !
If I may ask where did you find for f324 ones.Thanks very much
Thanks
A-level chemistry is good just google it
if you cant find it I can upload the ones my teacher makes for each topic
Original post by spiritless98

Hi Sorry to intrude; I was wondering if it will be okay for you to upload the one given by your teacher. Thanks
Original post by spiritless98

yeah those sites are good/
Reply 79
I need around 70-75% in the A2 exams this summer and 85% in F321 to get an A. Can I get these grades for A2 by just doing the OCR papers (Old and new) ? Doing all the Edexcel and AQA papers for A2 is a lot of work in addition to other subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending