The Student Room Group
hi :tongue: don't really seem to be many ppl on this forum taking GCSE business studies..anyway, i am so i thought i'd say SOMETHING even though there isnt a specific revision technique i'm using. My teacher paid for some case study pack thing which analyses the case study in complete detail (and i mean each and every word) so i've been trying to read that again and remember a few points. VERY shaky at report writing...(have u been taught how to do it)...we've just been given a sheet telling us how to format it, but i'm not wholly sure how to actually write a good one :confused: ...anyway, i'd suggest reading through a business studies definitions glossary if you have one..not only does it allow u to revise for the definitions bit but also recalls bits of theory as you read it and might make you look up anything u can't remember studying.

hopefully it'll have finance on there (i'm better at maths than business) and less of the rubbish about 'channels of distribution' etc...wouldn't mind a question on something from the issues for the future bit though :rolleyes: .
Reply 2
The case study is about a bank so I am guessing that there will be a lot about economic backgorund on there which I haven't done since the start of year 10. Looks like I have a looong night in front of me lol.

Kitten: I wish we had such a great teacher all we got was a few crappily photocopied pages from a CGP revision guide!
Reply 3
hey. can you give me some tips about report writing? I just looked at the mark scheme from last year, and it says "Report format: one mark for each report feature", but I haven't got a clue what "report features" are!

Also, if you like I can attach something my teacher sent me, it's basically a 14-page mini revision guide, which tells you most of the stuff you need to know.
Reply 4
I have no idea about report writing. It cost me a C in my mock (I got 51%, you needed 52% to get a C and I lost 3 marks which would have put me up to 54%) so if anyone knows how please tell us lol!
Reply 5
It wouldnt be our AQA GCSE Business revision guide on the Coop Bank would it?

Jim

coopy40
hey. can you give me some tips about report writing? I just looked at the mark scheme from last year, and it says "Report format: one mark for each report feature", but I haven't got a clue what "report features" are!

Also, if you like I can attach something my teacher sent me, it's basically a 14-page mini revision guide, which tells you most of the stuff you need to know.
Reply 6
Jim Riley
It wouldnt be our AQA GCSE Business revision guide on the Coop Bank would it?

I don't think so, but if you could post that I would be mucho grateful! :tongue:
Reply 7
ooo ooo i think my teacher is either psychic or he is stalking me! He has just sent me this:

LETTER:

Name and address of the company or your address (no name), if you are writing the letter
Date
Name and address of the person to whom you are writing
‘Dear ….’
Body of the letter
‘Yours faithfully’ (if Dear Sir / Madam) ‘Yours sincerely’ (if Dear Mr Jones etc.)
Gap of several lines for the signature to be written
Name of sender usually in capital letters
Position in company if appropriate.
A list of any enclosures e.g. ‘Enc. Auditors Report’.

REPORT:

These are likely to include the following:

Title
Introduction
Sub sections with sub-headings
Conclusions / recommendations
Name of author (at the end) NO SIGNATURE
Date (at the end)

Hope that helps you!
Reply 8
lol Is there any chance you could post saying that you really really really really need the answers for the the exam tomorrow?

Thanks!
starcrossed
hi, except form reading the case study and trying to understand each word, is there any other way in revising for it? i really want a gd grade in it, so i was wondering if any1 had ne extra tips on how 2 prepare 4 da exam?

Are you sitting AQA or Edexcel?
Reply 10
im doing edexcel....

Answering a question which involves a business making a decision think RISK when making some evaluative comments

R resources does the business have enough resources available to take the risk often it is said that you should only risk what you can afford to lose. Large business can therefore take bigger risks in the knowledge that these can be covered by other parts of the business in event of failure.
I information does the business have enough of the right data to make a decision question the source of data, it may be from someone who has got something to gain from the decision, or someone who is inexperienced in this field (a cynic might point to the evidence of WMD as a possible situation where the information may have led to a wrong decision being made)
S skills of managers and workforce can the management team and workforce cope with the new directions being given them e.g. are they flexible enough or motivated to take on different jobs or tasks.
K killer instinct someone can spend months or years pondering a difficult decision, but the best entrepreneurs have often struck quickly or at least taken a large risk. Does the business possess the sort of people who are willing to take very tough decisions
Reply 11
illmathematical
Are you sitting AQA or Edexcel?

i'm sitting aqa, u?

thanx 4 all the advice i'm sure it'll pay or, even if i just hav 1 nite 2 revise 4 it. :smile:
Reply 12
wat r the grade bounderies?????(edexcel)
chimacold
wat r the grade bounderies?????(edexcel)

I'm also doing Edexcel. Last year it was something like 60% for an A and 73% for A*.

What did you get in your coursework?
Reply 14
i thought the paper waso k but my teacher said it was the hardest paper so far, i agree though talknig bout tesco or Mc Donalds would have been easier sincei wud have known about them before hand. I diddnt know what a Co-Op was until it was discussed.
Reply 15
i think i got about 27 in my coursework...dat a B i think
chimacold
i think i got about 27 in my coursework...dat a B i think

Do you know your final percentage out of 25?

Anyhow how did you find the exam? I thought it was alrite, but there were definately some tricky questions.

Latest

Trending

Trending