The Student Room Group

what does pNPP do

pls can u answer
Reply 1
are you referring to the pNPP used in ELISA?

First you have to understand that ELISA is a technique for measuring conc. of a protein and how it is done. Different substrate is used for different types of protein.

pNPP is used to measure the concentrate of the enzyme "phosphatase", which the enzyme works on pNPP,
If phosphatase is present, there will be color change from transparent to yellow. And then the concentration is quantified by spectrophotometer, measuring the absorbance at 405 nm.
Reply 2
Original post by hknobody
are you referring to the pNPP used in ELISA?

First you have to understand that ELISA is a technique for measuring conc. of a protein and how it is done. Different substrate is used for different types of protein.

pNPP is used to measure the concentrate of the enzyme "phosphatase", which the enzyme works on pNPP,
If phosphatase is present, there will be color change from transparent to yellow. And then the concentration is quantified by spectrophotometer, measuring the absorbance at 405 nm.

i think i wrote something like that for my assignment im submitibg it on tuesday but its really hard and im going to have an exam on cell fractionation which relates to the practical i did but they didnt givenany help do u have any idea of questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending