The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I can't make myself go to school anymore

I was diagnosed with anxiety ages ago and I've just been diagnosed with depression. I can't make myself go into school anymore, I keep having panic attacks and I find really difficult to speak to my friends as we're not really that close. I feel so guilty talking to my mum about it because she's not sure what to do, she says if I really feel unable I can have the day off but I just feel more guilty. I see a counsellor once a week but she's so busy with other kids I haven't even seen her since I was diagnosed with depression. What do I do now?
Reply 1
Original post by Illilah1616
I was diagnosed with anxiety ages ago and I've just been diagnosed with depression. I can't make myself go into school anymore, I keep having panic attacks and I find really difficult to speak to my friends as we're not really that close. I feel so guilty talking to my mum about it because she's not sure what to do, she says if I really feel unable I can have the day off but I just feel more guilty. I see a counsellor once a week but she's so busy with other kids I haven't even seen her since I was diagnosed with depression. What do I do now?

Your LA has a duty to educate you. If you're unable to go to school, there are alternatives such as home education and 1:1 tuition.

Talk to your mum and go to your local authority. They have a duty to ensure that you receive an education.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

I'm so sorry to hear that!:frown:
I've been in this situation myself and all I can say is that social isolation feeds depression. As much as its what you want to do, you have to push back and try and make an effort. Reach out to your friends, find someone you trust and open up to them.Work hard on your studies and seek validation from academic achievement. I know its really hard right now, but every effort you can make now will help in the long run. This is not your fault, none of it is so don't feel guilty please
im so sorry to here that, i’ve been going through the same thing i have really bad panic attacks when i enter school it’s so hard to get through a day there i have been homeschooled before and my freinds wanted me to come back and i thought it would be different but it’s exactly the same just worser and i don’t know if i can actually be homeschooled again after just being homeschooled the start of the new school year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by chloebrown788
i don’t know if i can actually be homeschooled again after just being homeschooled the start of the new school year.

Yes you can be home educated (I assume you mean home educated rather than home schooled as that's actually different) again, just ask your parents to deregister you again.

Talk to your mother about deregistering you from school, and having you start home education instead.

Latest