The Student Room Group

The Oxford Offer Holders Thread: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oxyfrost
I did, yes. At Magdalen. But if they'd given me an offer, surely they could be more definite and say "someone has given you an offer" rather than just "likely"

You have an offer do not worry :smile:

I'm not sure why they phrase it so vaguely, I think it's incase of any errors and I guess they don't like speaking for other colleges.
anyone got anything for magdalen or history? (or both lol)
I'd say try and distract yourself - but when I was in this position I just stayed on TSR constantly :L
Original post by Lucilou101
My letter from Magdalen said the same two years ago. Don't fret, you have an offer!

What's freaking me out is that my parents only received a letter from Magdalen. I'm in France, and I asked letters to be sent to England, but I did change that round a couple of times. So maybe a HMC acceptance letter has been sent to France, I'm hoping.

Magdalen's letter is horribly vague!
Does anyone know does an international student from St Anne's College need to wait for another few days for the decision? They said that they only reply by airmail.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1452074541.515643.jpgengineering! Pembroke! Soooooo excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MouseyBrown
Oh my god......I just won't believe it until I get another email. This is horrible!

My friends letter had the same wording last year - you have an offer! Wooo hoooo!
Original post by Oxfordmist
My friends letter had the same wording last year - you have an offer! Wooo hoooo!

Thanks! I'm still too scared to believe it until I see it!
My heart is pounding reading this thread.

:afraid:
Still waiting for my post to arrive.
What's freaking me out is that my parents only received a letter from Magdalen. I'm in France, and I asked letters to be sent to England, but I did change that round a couple of times. So maybe a HMC acceptance letter has been sent to France, I'm hoping.

Magdalen's letter is horribly vague!

Have you received HMC email yet from Victoria ?
Ahaaahaaa! So true...I'm at school on a free..best of luck for when your post arrives!
Original post by Pythian
My heart is pounding reading this thread.

:afraid:

I have a heart condition which I take medication for, I'm genuinely concerned
Original post by Pythian
Have you received HMC email yet from Victoria ?

No have you?
Thanks man but I'm really scared to assume I have one until I get another email from Harris Manchester
Reply 1695
Got a lesson at 1220, but currently in bed and not wanting to get in the shower in case anything comes through haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got this from Magdalen:

Rejected but 'it is my understanding that you are still under consideration by another college'.

I thought that if I had no place anywhere then Magdalen would definitely say so, but what they said about the other college (Harris Manchester) sounds sooooo vague.

Any ideas? Surely they wouldn't keep my hopes up for nothing.

I'm in a similar situation, but I didn't even get 'likely'.

Original post by Oxyfrost
I'm concerned about something in my decision letter. Catz have rejected me, but they also said "another college is likely to accept you."

I'm concerned about the world "likely". Have I got a place somewhere, or maybe not?

You've all definitely got an offer. I know the wording is weird, but Oxford is weird :tongue: You're going to be there for 3-4 years, so get used to it :wink: :tongue:
Rejected from Catz for CS... Kinda guessed it after screwing up my first interview
Have to admit that it is pretty disappointing, but well...
Just got rejected by Somerville for English.
Anyone for corpus christi ?????????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending