The Student Room Group

Criminology

Hey there, don't know if I'm at the right place but,
I am applying for the 2016 September entry, and I was wondering which one of these universities would you choose? Regarding social activities, nightlife, accommodation, part time job availability, city in general and of course the course quality?
Leicester, Kent, Essex, Swansea, Coventry, De Montfort.
I am interested in your opinion solely.
Original post by Muchaco
I am applying for the 2016 September entry, and I was wondering which one of these universities would you choose? Regarding social activities, nightlife, accommodation, part time job availability, city in general and of course the course quality?

Hiya! I study at Essex and am currently in my third year. I cant speak for the other universities but I just wanted to share my experience of my time at Essex with you. Personally I did do a module in Crime Law and society (My degree is in Psychology) and I absolutely loved it. I am going to start a module in January called Children and young people- criminological debates which also looks really interesting! I really enjoy being part of the societies on campus and thoroughly recommend them. As for the nightlife I personally tend to stick with the on campus nightlife and really enjoy myself :smile: I lived on campus in my first year and for the second and third year I live off campus and I have had an amazing time living both on and off campus. I lived in North Towers and do recommend it for shy people like me as I found it easier to make friends there. In terms of part time jobs, I have three part time jobs that I got at the University and I genuinely love all of these jobs. I would not say it is hard to find a part time job as long as you are passionate and confident.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask anymore questions you may have! :smile:
^Sharmila
Reply 2
Original post by Sharmila_Student
Hiya! I study at Essex and am currently in my third year. I cant speak for the other universities but I just wanted to share my experience of my time at Essex with you. Personally I did do a module in Crime Law and society (My degree is in Psychology) and I absolutely loved it. I am going to start a module in January called Children and young people- criminological debates which also looks really interesting! I really enjoy being part of the societies on campus and thoroughly recommend them. As for the nightlife I personally tend to stick with the on campus nightlife and really enjoy myself :smile: I lived on campus in my first year and for the second and third year I live off campus and I have had an amazing time living both on and off campus. I lived in North Towers and do recommend it for shy people like me as I found it easier to make friends there. In terms of part time jobs, I have three part time jobs that I got at the University and I genuinely love all of these jobs. I would not say it is hard to find a part time job as long as you are passionate and confident.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask anymore questions you may have! :smile:
^Sharmila

Dear Sharmila,

Thank you very much for your message!
In terms of versatility of opportunities and social life, I would recommend any of the universities in Manchester and Liverpool.
Original post by Muchaco

I applied for criminology too and got offers from coventry and dmu but personally the best places are leicester and coventry i heard nightlife is really good and also both have huge town centres about a 30min walk from the actual unis.
Reply 5
Original post by xoxo97
I applied for criminology too and got offers from coventry and dmu but personally the best places are leicester and coventry i heard nightlife is really good and also both have huge town centres about a 30min walk from the actual unis.

I've also received an offer from Coventry, still waiting on answers from Leicester, Kent and Swansea.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi, I am currently a third year student at the University of Essex and I have had a great experience there so far! There are many social activities such as clubs and societies to join. There are also bars and a nightclub on campus so the nightlife is very enjoyable with other students and there is something on most nights! In the bars there are also karaoke nights and quiz nights so you will always have something to do on campus! There are many different accommodation options on campus, here is the link for you to see the different price ranges and styles http://www.essex.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/default.aspx. There are part time jobs available on campus, such as in the bars, club and shop, but there are also part time jobs available in the nearby supermarket and the town which is a bus ride away. I hope this helps! :smile: ^Sam
Reply 7
Original post by sam.m1
Hi, I am currently a third year student at the University of Essex and I have had a great experience there so far! There are many social activities such as clubs and societies to join. There are also bars and a nightclub on campus so the nightlife is very enjoyable with other students and there is something on most nights! In the bars there are also karaoke nights and quiz nights so you will always have something to do on campus! There are many different accommodation options on campus, here is the link for you to see the different price ranges and styles http://www.essex.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/default.aspx. There are part time jobs available on campus, such as in the bars, club and shop, but there are also part time jobs available in the nearby supermarket and the town which is a bus ride away. I hope this helps! :smile: ^Sam

Thank you for your message, Sam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending