The Student Room Group

Distance - School

There are two main schools I would choose between for college next year
The first one is 1 hour and 3 mins away and I'd need to travel by bus and train, however it is the closest school to me that does criminology, and Italian. On the other hand, the second school is 44mins away and would only be one bus ride, but I'd have 2/4 subjects that I want to take which id have to replace.
Would it be worth it taking the longer commute as I want to go into criminology at uni or should I stick with the school that's closer?
Original post by riheco8200
There are two main schools I would choose between for college next year
The first one is 1 hour and 3 mins away and I'd need to travel by bus and train, however it is the closest school to me that does criminology, and Italian. On the other hand, the second school is 44mins away and would only be one bus ride, but I'd have 2/4 subjects that I want to take which id have to replace.
Would it be worth it taking the longer commute as I want to go into criminology at uni or should I stick with the school that's closer?

Stick with the closer school/college.

The Criminology course offered by the other college isn't an A level, it's an "Applied Diploma", which many universities would not treat in the same way as an A level. No Criminology degree that I'm aware of requires (or even recommends) previous study in Criminology.

If, despite the above, you still really want to study Criminology at college, then that is the justification for the longer journey. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending