The Student Room Group

EX- Free Syrian Army chief praises Al-Qaeda

xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
I ask you all to go on google, look at the bogus, biased mainstream media articles in 2011, keep reading it, make connections, and go do your own independent research.

David Cameron and 70,000 moderate's..
They're all *****, at least we can rely on the Kurds...
Reply 3
Original post by MrKmas508

our ally Turkey, also helping al nusra and buying ISIS oil, is attacking the Kurds.

Yes. You couldn't make it up.
Reply 4
When Assad (i do not support) claimed a lot of the insurgency was by terrorists and alqaeda, i thought he was a lying dictator talking utter lies. Now i realise that while there was a peaceful protest, demanding much needed democracy, insurgents swept into syria from the beggining.
Original post by MrKmas508

If the Kurds become the dominant force in the area, in 10 or 15 years we'll be in the same position as we are now but the Kurds will be in the place of the current regime.
Reply 6
Original post by Zargabaath
If the Kurds become the dominant force in the area, in 10 or 15 years we'll be in the same position as we are now but the Kurds will be in the place of the current regime.

The issue with Syria was that while Assad definitely should have brought in political reform much sooner, those invading into syria, as well as funding neighbouring iraqi alqaeda and salafist hardliners did not care for syrian democracy - as many of these gulf states are brutal dictators.

You see, they had their own geo-political goals and aims in Syria. If they had truly cared, they would not have gone to militarize this and give it a bogus false secterian flavour.

I am not talking conspiracy here - i am pretty skeptical, so i'll give you two documents. One is from the USA intelligence, released under the freedom of information act.

The other is Joe Biden himself.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-cont...sion11.pdf?V=1

I quote the report in August 2012: “the Salafist, the Muslim Brotherhood, and AQI [Al- Qaeda in Iraq] are the major forces driving the insurgency in Syria,” being supported by “the West, Gulf countries and Turkey.”
And again : "“If the situation unravels, there is the possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria and this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want, in order to isolate the Syrian regime.”"

They even predict the rise of ISIS in the report:
"... (the Islamic State of Iraq) could also declare an Islamic State through its union with other terrorist organizations in Iraq and Syria, which will create grave danger in regards of unifying Iraq and the protection of its territory,”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOTiuszCl0c

The Head of the Intelligence Defence Agency of the United States (in the video above) acknowledges the US fully knew the driving force behind the millitary insurgency in Syria was by hardline salafist groups, alqaeda, the muslim brotherhood. This was all most likely preplanned, supplied by gulf states who themselves are dictatorships and have no care in the world for democracy, or for the rights of the syrian people - BUT that they used peaceful uprisings as a chance to destabalize syria. So while many in the armed opposition may have been moderates and against Assad, the driving force, the most powerful and influential groups were certianly not. And factions of 'moderates' collaborated with these more powerful groups (evidenced) either due to poverty, bad conditions, fear , or want.

When Al Jazeera’s Hasan asked Flynn why he didn’t attempt to stop the US coordinating arms transfers to Islamic extremists, the retired general said: “I hate to say it’s not my job, but my job was to ensure the accuracy of our intelligence,” said Flynn, who also served as director of intelligence for the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) during the US hunt for Bin Laden.

And infact, despite having this intelligence, the united states STILL sent weapons, arms, etc to many hardline terrorist groups, despite fullly being aware of what would happen and being warned of it - like the other states that helped supply and lead to what we see now, for the sole aim of weaking syria, strengthening israel, and for their own socio political aims and goals.
Reply 7
And joe Biden

[video="youtube;fLYTG2kCUu0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLYTG2kCUu0[/video]
Reply 8
[video="youtube;w04YE5zRmc8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w04YE5zRmc8[/video]
Original post by Zargabaath

No matter who takes power the region will still be at War.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
our ally Turkey, also helping al nusra and buying ISIS oil, is attacking the Kurds.

Yes. You couldn't make it up.

Why is everyone trying to f**k everyone else over. People are dying but these organisations are treating it like it's game of thrones.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
No matter who takes power the region will still be at War.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what i was implying
Original post by Tawheed
When Assad (i do not support) claimed a lot of the insurgency was by terrorists and alqaeda, i thought he was a lying dictator talking utter lies. Now i realise that while there was a peaceful protest, demanding much needed democracy, insurgents swept into syria from the beggining.

That's probably because Assad released them from jail. Though it's of course also true that Saudi-funded Wahhabi scumbags are like moths to a flame when it comes to stuff like this.

By the way, what's your proposed solution to all this? What should be done?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending