The Student Room Group

Exeter or Glasgow for BEng Mechanical Engineering

Uni of Exeter are higher in the rankings for Mechanical Engineering compared to Glasgow and includes a year in industry, but I've also hear its lack of diversity and how small the town and nightlife is as well as having a high cost of living.

Uni of Glasgow are in a larger city and is also probably less boring than Exeter socially as well as more diverse. But, it has a longer, more flexible course, which does not include a year in industry, which I think will help me a lot after uni.

I also couldn't find a lot of people discuss about the Engineering courses at Exeter, but Glasgow is praised by a lot of students across the web for its Engineering courses and facilities.

As a result, I'm very indecisive on what Uni I should pick as my clearing choice between them as their pros and cons both cancel each other out. If it helps, I'm also an international student.
Engineering at exe was pretty poor when I was there. One of the lecturers even remarked how low the background knowledge of incoming students were and how topics normally covered in first year at other institutions she had taught at weren't taught until third year there.

Would recommend Glasgow honestly...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending