The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I've accepted a clearing offer for a Computing course from Sheffield Hallam, I've also put it on my UCAS Track, just wondering how long does it take for the university to make a decision? Since UCAS Track wont be updated until the 8th of August.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Radit26
Hi,

I've accepted a clearing offer for a Computing course from Sheffield Hallam, I've also put it on my UCAS Track, just wondering how long does it take for the university to make a decision? Since UCAS Track wont be updated until the 8th of August.

Hi

Congratulations on your offer :u:

If you've been made an offer and have uploaded it into UCAS Track, then the decision has already been made.

We will still need to accept the offer at our end which can take a couple of days, but as long as it's been inputted correctly into Track there shouldn't be an issue. As you say, UCAS Track is temporarily down until 8th August but your offer status should update soon after that.

Hannah
Hi, in my CAS statement it says that my course start date is 13 September, but I got an email about the details of starting my course, and it says that my induction starts at September 18. I'm not sure which one is correct, or should I go to both?
Original post by Radit26
Hi, in my CAS statement it says that my course start date is 13 September, but I got an email about the details of starting my course, and it says that my induction starts at September 18. I'm not sure which one is correct, or should I go to both?

Hi @Radit26

Both dates are correct but it is the September 18th that your session starts so that is the correct one to go to.

If you have any more queries about your course dates, you can contact 0114 255 5555 and ask to speak to someone about (your course) and they'll put you through.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Reanne :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @Radit26

Both dates are correct but it is the September 18th that your session starts so that is the correct one to go to.

If you have any more queries about your course dates, you can contact 0114 255 5555 and ask to speak to someone about (your course) and they'll put you through.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hi, I just want to make sure, what's on the 13th? Is it orientation? And I should only go to the one on the 18th? Also, is there a difference between orientation and induction?

Thanks
Original post by Radit26
Hi, I just want to make sure, what's on the 13th? Is it orientation? And I should only go to the one on the 18th? Also, is there a difference between orientation and induction?

Thanks

Hi @Radit26

I have just sent you a private message about this.

Thank you,

Reanne :biggrin:
Reply 106
I've applied for accommodation but it's been a week and I'm getting worried that I won't be offered any.
Original post by Dilveer
I've applied for accommodation but it's been a week and I'm getting worried that I won't be offered any.

Hi @Dilveer

The accommodation services usually contact you within two weeks after you've accepted your place on UCAS track. But don't worry we always guarantee students that we find accommodation for them, you can track the progress of your application by logging onto your online accommodation account.

If you've still not heard anything, you can contact them directly at 0114 225 5555 and ask to be put through to Accommodation.

Reply 108
Hi there,
I start the extended bioscience degree on the 18th and would like to know what a typical timetable looks like for the first year please?

I have been accepted for a part time job whilst I study and ideally need to let them know my timetable asap.

Thanks! 😁
The Student Crowd website rather unanimously says the Forge has slow Internet, poor maintenance and is very noisy. Can anyone confirm?
Original post by ANM93
Hi there,
I start the extended bioscience degree on the 18th and would like to know what a typical timetable looks like for the first year please?

I have been accepted for a part time job whilst I study and ideally need to let them know my timetable asap.

Thanks! 😁

Hey,

Although I don't know exactly what the timetable looks like for this course, I had a friend who did the same course last year and he had a part time job at Costa. He wasn't the best at time management either but it was absolutely fine for him, so I'm sure it'll certainly be doable for you!
Hello,
I'm from Italy and I wanted to know more information about entry requirements in Msc Sport Buisness Managament in Sheffield Hallam.
Thank you.
Original post by DaniFagio
Hello,
I'm from Italy and I wanted to know more information about entry requirements in Msc Sport Buisness Managament in Sheffield Hallam.
Thank you.

Hi @DaniFagio

Can you provide more information about what you want to know about the entry requirements?

Reanne
Hi @DaniFagio

Can you provide more information about what you want to know about the entry requirements?

Reanne

To attend the postgraduate, only the degree mark is required, or a personal statement, letters of recommendation, etc.?Also I wanted to know if to attend Msc Sport Buisness Management just need to have the required documentation or do you also have to take entrance tests?If I had all the required requirements, how much chance would I have to attend this postgraduate?

Daniele
To attend the postgraduate, only the degree mark is required, or a personal statement, letters of recommendation, etc.?Also I wanted to know if to attend Msc Sport Buisness Management just need to have the required documentation or do you also have to take entrance tests?If I had all the required requirements, how much chance would I have to attend this postgraduate?

Daniele

Hi @DaniFagio

I spoke to Admissions and he came back with a response:

She would require a minimum 87/110 (equivalent to 2:2) from the Italian Laurea (bachelors degree.)
She would also require an English Language IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 minimum in each skill.
When applying we would require scanned copies of her degree and transcript (original & translated) a personal statement and two references (either academic or employment based)
No entrance tests are required. We consider applicants on application form only.

Let me know if you need anymore information,

Reanne
Hi @DaniFagio

I spoke to Admissions and he came back with a response:

She would require a minimum 87/110 (equivalent to 2:2) from the Italian Laurea (bachelors degree.)
She would also require an English Language IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 minimum in each skill.
When applying we would require scanned copies of her degree and transcript (original & translated) a personal statement and two references (either academic or employment based)
No entrance tests are required. We consider applicants on application form only.

Let me know if you need anymore information,

Reanne

Ok Perfect. I've read on your site of university that you offer also Pre - sessional course to prepare IELTS. How much does it cost?

Daniele
Ok Perfect. I've read on your site of university that you offer also Pre - sessional course to prepare IELTS. How much does it cost?

Daniele

Hi @DaniFagio

Here is the course that you would be studying if you want to apply to that.

But I just grabbed the information that you would need to know for fees:

2018/19 academic year
£1,350 for 5 weeks, £2,700 for 10 weeks, or £4,050 for 15 weeks. This fee includes essential textbooks for this course

Let me know if you need any questions,

Reanne
Hello,

I have been offered an interview at Sheffield Hallam for Diagnsotic Radiography. I would like to know what the interview process is like and how the day will go.

Thanks,
Thomas
Original post by thomas6.
Hello,

I have been offered an interview at Sheffield Hallam for Diagnsotic Radiography. I would like to know what the interview process is like and how the day will go.

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi Thomas!
Whilst my interview was for BA Illustration, hopefully i can help!
My interview was very relaxed, we all watched a short presentation about the course, city and such, and then we were called into another room one by one to be interviewed. My interviewer was very lovely and kind, made me feel welcome, and it was less ' interviewy' and more of a friendly chat. I was given an unconditional offer that I accepted as soon as I got that Track email! SHU is the uni that I've really wanted to go to! I wish you the absolute best of luck!
Does anyone know where the best student-friendly eateries are, and can anyone recommend me any good student-friendly takeaways? I'm moving in in September and I want to be proper clued up :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending