The Student Room Group

(OCR) A2 English Literature *F663* | 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by La_magicienne
That would be so good!! Or an Edmund and/or Edgar question, I'm praying for those! So nervous, I feel like it's impossible to feel 100% prepared for an English lit exam because so many different things could come up :s-smilie:

Literally terrifying!
I haven't had much advice from my English teachers and have left revision a bit late. I'm doing King Lear for part A and have been revising quotes and critics for themes, but having realised there is almost endless possibilities I was wondering if any of you guys think it's safe to only revise character questions and create essay plans for the ones that haven't come up in previous years, (Kent, Lear, Goneril and Regan, Edmund, Edgar). Do you think this is too risky in case OCR decide not to do a character question, or is a character question guaranteed? I'm getting very stressed with literature so any advice would be really appreciated :smile:
Original post by vxolxnt
I haven't had much advice from my English teachers and have left revision a bit late. I'm doing King Lear for part A and have been revising quotes and critics for themes, but having realised there is almost endless possibilities I was wondering if any of you guys think it's safe to only revise character questions and create essay plans for the ones that haven't come up in previous years, (Kent, Lear, Goneril and Regan, Edmund, Edgar). Do you think this is too risky in case OCR decide not to do a character question, or is a character question guaranteed? I'm getting very stressed with literature so any advice would be really appreciated :smile:

There will always be a character and a theme question - I wouldn't advise just revising character though as the question may be a bit confusing! :smile:
Original post by sophia.lega
There will always be a character and a theme question - I wouldn't advise just revising character though as the question may be a bit confusing! :smile:

Thanks a lot! Hopefully I'll have enough time to revise all of it!
Hi Connor, I was wondering if whether you have any Lear essays as you seem really good at the topic! Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks your a life saver
Hey,
I'm doing The Rivals and Blake.
I was wondering if anyone has any useful context on Sheridan and what influenced The Rivals, I'm finding it really difficult to find anything useful!
Original post by lilyindia123
Any predictions on what might come up?

Also do you have nay setting quotes you could send me? I'll be happy to offer any of my notes back.

Hi, I'm doing the white devil and paradise lost as well :smile: I've attached an essay plan I did for setting, which contains quotes in it! Hope it's helpful?
thanks you are actually a lifesaver! Good luck in the exam :smile:
Original post by penguindrum
Hi, I'm doing the white devil and paradise lost as well :smile: I've attached an essay plan I did for setting, which contains quotes in it! Hope it's helpful?

Hiya. Thank you so much! Unfortunately I can't open the document. Please could you email it to me? [email protected]. Also do you have anything on sexual desire or experience and innocence? And are you doing the white devil for section a. Please let me know if you need anything as I've done quite a lot of essay plans! :smile:
Anyone doing tis pity and paradise lost?
What themes is everyone learning for The White Devil or Blake? I've memorised quotes for death, love, power, experience, innocence but I'm struggling where to go from there
Reply 374
I'm doing TWD with Blake and am thoroughly revising the theme of power and how that is associated with corruption, since a question comes up on power every year and I am hoping that this year, it is nothing different! Ao I would recommend you revise that theme alongside the rest 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 375
Got an A on this essay, for insanity plays a key role in King Lear

Also has anyone got a list of the past questions for King Lear?
Has anyone got any universal comparisons for WOB and Volpone? Mine seem to all revolve around treatment of women 😂
Does anyone have the past paper for 2015? Can't believe it STILL isn't available on the OCR website
Reply 378
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Does anyone have the past paper for 2015? Can't believe it STILL isn't available on the OCR website

Just sent you a PM :smile:
Has anyone done any essays on the wife and bath and the rivals? Or any Characters in amsnd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending