The Student Room Group

What do you think of WAITROSE?

Scroll to see replies

:yep:
Original post by beeninetytwo
I doubt it's the most :colone:

My last experience in an Asda a woman to the child she was walking with to "shut the **** up." Another woman with God awful tattoos and missing teeth was talking loudly on the phone calling someone a ****. I have never, ever witnessed this in Waitrose :noway:

haha yeah, but asda attracts the scum of the earth :lol:. If you want to go mainstream, stick to Tesco or Sainsburys.
You do definitely get a better quality of tattoo in Waitrose.

The other thing that strikes me is - assuming that all people who shop in Waitrose are upper-middle class (which they're not, it's a stereotype perpetrated by the media which all the sheep buy into) - what's wrong with that?

Vilifying people who know good food - it's just reverse snobbery as I've said before.

Good food at affordable prices. What a scandal. Better not shop there in case people think I'm middle class.

Who cares? Just go where the best food is.

All the working class people I know shop at Waitrose. Probably because they have brains and knowledge of good nutrition.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lmao, the only time I went inside a waitrose was to pick up my tablet yesterday and I didn't even order it from them (John Lewis had a Samsung Tab 4 7 for £89).

It looked kinda weird compared to all the shops and the collection point was next to this coffee machine that everyone was heading to.
Original post by Aria Enoshima
Lmao, the only time I went inside a waitrose was to pick up my tablet yesterday and I didn't even order it from them (John Lewis had a Samsung Tab 4 7 for £89).

It looked kinda weird compared to all the shops and the collection point was next to this coffee machine that everyone was heading to.

Yeah, if you buy something from them and have some kind of card, you can get a free cup of coffee (or tea).

To be honest, that's pretty much the only reason why I think Waitrose is okay.
Expensive! Pick up a tesco value pack and be done with it :tongue:
Original post by Aria Enoshima

Waitrose and John Lewis are the same entity, John Lewis Partnership. So you did order from them.
sane quality as aldi for double the price only snobs shop at waitrose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
sane quality as aldi for double the price only snobs shop at waitrose

Seems to be a go-to response when someone doesn't really know...
Quite simple really :

If you want stuff like baked beans and washing up liquid, don't get it at Waitrose, it is more expensive for these because Waitrose isn't involved in the price war.

If you can't tell the difference between good food and bad food, don't shop at Waitrose.

If you appreciate nice tasting food and don't mind paying slightly more for it, shop at Waitrose. If you can't and don't mind Tesco/Aldi/Lidl food, then don't shop at Waitrose. What's the point?

To think Waitrose is for snobs is the wrong way round. It's you that's common as muck and probably eat a crummy diet. It's a comparative thing. I'm assuming shopping at the butchers for meat is for snobs too, right?
I like the range of products they offer, especially the foods that cannot be found elsewhere. I don't buy anything else that is found in every single shop because Waitrose is too expensive for my regular shopping.
(edited 8 years ago)
Bit snobbish, prefer Aldi since I'm a student.
Seems to be Only shop within a mile radius of my school. Strategic ****ers.
Reply 113
Original post by beeninetytwo
The people in Waitrose are better behaved than the people in Asda.

Indeed, and more polite than the Aldi shoppers in general.

Some supermarkets are very stressful to shop in, you have to hurry to pack your bag at the end and some people are just not as polite as in Waitrose.

Quick Reply

Latest