The Student Room Group

Trial Shift as Waitress HELP

How do I do this? Pls help, its for this luxury place that has bank clients for its customers, what do i do? am i expected to just know what to do without direction? i have years of experience but not very understanding of trial shifts someone pls reply before monday
Original post by reenaomoregbee
How do I do this? Pls help, its for this luxury place that has bank clients for its customers, what do i do? am i expected to just know what to do without direction? i have years of experience but not very understanding of trial shifts someone pls reply before monday

You won't be expected to know everything. Although you may have experience, every place works differently. They will most likely tell you what to do/give you some sort of direction. If you aren't sure about something then ask. They would rather you ask and get things right than get things wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by reenaomoregbee
Sorry Waitrose is not just for bank clients as Joe public also shops in there store. Very expensive for there stuff ( as they are part of John Lewis group).

As a new start you'll not be expected to know anything about the job as reasons why you will be trained to do the job. You should be shadowed by a permanent staff member who'll give you tips on what to do before you'll be doing things on your own. Never be afraid to ask for assistance if unsure as they will show you okay until you are confident enough to do things without asking all the time.

Retail isn't a easy job as you running around constantly doing things and the time goes quicker when you are busy.
Use what ever experience you have already to assist yourself with the job in Waitrose.
Reply 3
They will usually train you on your first day.
Original post by Tracey_W
Sorry Waitrose is not just for bank clients as Joe public also shops in there store. Very expensive for there stuff ( as they are part of John Lewis group).

As a new start you'll not be expected to know anything about the job as reasons why you will be trained to do the job. You should be shadowed by a permanent staff member who'll give you tips on what to do before you'll be doing things on your own. Never be afraid to ask for assistance if unsure as they will show you okay until you are confident enough to do things without asking all the time.

Retail isn't a easy job as you running around constantly doing things and the time goes quicker when you are busy.
Use what ever experience you have already to assist yourself with the job in Waitrose.
I read "waitress" ... not "waitrose"
Original post by SilverPebble
I read "waitress" ... not "waitrose"

So did i
Original post by Emma:-)
So did i
Yh it was the poster of the post I responded to that I thought might have misread it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending