The Student Room Group

Online assessment interview at Waitrose

Hi,
I applied for supermarket assistant at Waitrose, I appiled for this part time job today and guess what they sent me an email about this online interview in like few minutes, I'm quite surprised cause i tried to apply at waitrose and johnlewis for 4 times and i was rejected 4 times lmaooooo, and i have no clue what is this interview about TwT
Original post by lillyOwO
Hi,
I applied for supermarket assistant at Waitrose, I appiled for this part time job today and guess what they sent me an email about this online interview in like few minutes, I'm quite surprised cause i tried to apply at waitrose and johnlewis for 4 times and i was rejected 4 times lmaooooo, and i have no clue what is this interview about TwT

You'll have to do the online assessment first and if you get through it you'll be offered a interview with the manager at the store you have applied for. You'll be given a certain amount of time to do the online assessment as otherwise your application may be discontinued.

Usually the online assessment is based on real-life situation, you'll be probably offered a multi choice questions to do.

If you are lucky to get through the online assessment and offered a interview you may also be asked to do some tasks on the shop floor under the manager supervision.
You'll be asked at the potential interview why you choose to apply to work with Waitrose, any preview experience, something about yourself, plus you can ask them anything at the end.
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
You'll have to do the online assessment first and if you get through it you'll be offered a interview with the manager at the store you have applied for. You'll be given a certain amount of time to do the online assessment as otherwise your application may be discontinued.

Usually the online assessment is based on real-life situation, you'll be probably offered a multi choice questions to do.

If you are lucky to get through the online assessment and offered a interview you may also be asked to do some tasks on the shop floor under the manager supervision.
You'll be asked at the potential interview why you choose to apply to work with Waitrose, any preview experience, something about yourself, plus you can ask them anything at the end.

So i had an interview, it was online and it went well and after a day (which was yesterday) i got an email, they said my interview was successful!!!! and then after few hours they sent me an email where they had different branches of Waitrose where i would like to work, then they told me to fill the candidate google form where they asked me what branch is suitable for me and asked me for my contact details, then i filled the form later that day and today i was expecting an email from them ofc but i got no email so idk, shall i mail them and ask whats going on or shi?
Reply 3
Congratulations!

I'd recommend waiting a bit before trying to contact them, as I'm aware that some parts of the recruitment process are done by the central resourcing team.
Reply 4
Original post by rachaelt123
Congratulations!

I'd recommend waiting a bit before trying to contact them, as I'm aware that some parts of the recruitment process are done by the central resourcing team.

Thank you thank youuu

how long do u think i should wait before contacting them?
Reply 5
I'd probably say about a week or so.
Original post by lillyOwO
So i had an interview, it was online and it went well and after a day (which was yesterday) i got an email, they said my interview was successful!!!! and then after few hours they sent me an email where they had different branches of Waitrose where i would like to work, then they told me to fill the candidate google form where they asked me what branch is suitable for me and asked me for my contact details, then i filled the form later that day and today i was expecting an email from them ofc but i got no email so idk, shall i mail them and ask whats going on or shi?

Congratulations on your offer

I would suggest give it a few more days and see if they contact you and if not you could always get in touch with the store either phoning them or perhaps popping in if you are very close and ask for the manager.

Like the person said in post #4 lot's of workplaces use a main central resourcing centre to handle the volume of applications.
Reply 7
I'd probably say about a week or so.

ahhh, uno with the whole process after the interview they got back to me within 24 hrs uno and the process was going quite fast so idk :c
Reply 8
Don't worry about it.

Due to the Bank Holiday, I would recommend waiting until Wednesday to contact them.
Reply 9
Don't worry about it.

Due to the Bank Holiday, I would recommend waiting until Wednesday to contact them.

okok

Thank you.
Reply 10
Hi, I've worked at Waitrose before but left due to university. I reapplied for the same shop as well as others. For the other shops I didn't have to do an assessment. For my former shop I did. I completed it and all the extra tasks but haven't been given the interview availability link which is weird because the last time I applied for that specific , I was told I had been successful and would be moving onto interviews that same day. Now I'm concerned that I may have failed the assessment which is rather bizarre. What should I do?
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending