The Student Room Group

Cost of living in London while attending uni

Hi, I really want to study at UCL and I have applied for it since I have it’s really good for computer science. The only concern I have is the cost of living.I do plan on tutoring or doing a part time job when I go to uni but I don’t want to study where I’m going struggle a lot financially. I was wondering if there is anyone who could break down the cost of living in London.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I really want to study at UCL and I have applied for it since I have it’s really good for computer science. The only concern I have is the cost of living.I do plan on tutoring or doing a part time job when I go to uni but I don’t want to study where I’m going struggle a lot financially. I was wondering if there is anyone who could break down the cost of living in London.

This varies too much from person to person to be able to give a meaningful answer. Best you can do is do a budget yourself to guesstimate how much money you'll need. Consider the following

-Rent: check UCL halls prices. The electricity and water and other utilities bills are included on the rent so that's one less headache.

-Food: will you do your shopping in Waitrose or Lidl? What type of food do you like? I personally spend around £30 a fortnight, but I am very clever where I shop and buy the cheapest of the cheap. That may not be you.

-Travel

-Going out. Takes much more money than you'd think! So keep that in mind. Put a reasonable number here and stick to the budget!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending