The Student Room Group

which is worse not going to uni or studying a worthless degree?

Which do you believe to be worse? Not going to uni at all and getting some low wage job at tesco or studying some crap like sports science at an ex poly?
Reply 1
Original post by intelligent con
Which do you believe to be worse? Not going to uni at all and getting some low wage job at tesco or studying some crap like sports science at an ex poly?

It depends on your life goals.
Reply 2
sudying a worthless degree.. why would you pay £27000 for something that is "worthless"?
(edited 8 years ago)
Not going to uni deffo. Those degrees could still get you into jobs. Like sports science could get you into idk pe teaching. Even though you can still become a pe teacher anyway I would still do it.
Original post by Kholmes1
Not going to uni deffo. Those degrees could still get you into jobs. Like sports science could get you into idk pe teaching. Even though you can still become a pe teacher anyway I would still do it.

Well if you could be a pe teacher without a degree, you are really stup... Why waste up to 60k and 3-4 years, when you don't need to :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Studying for a pointless degree and I'll tell you why.

You'll most likely have NO MOTIVATION.
This means BAD GRADES which means you'll get beaten to the punch for good jobs by other guys with better grades.

If anything in that case you're better off starting a job and working your way up :smile:

Oh, and also not to mention the waste of money...
Original post by RiskVsReward
Well if you could be a pe teacher without a degree, you are really stup... Why waste up to 60k and 3-4 years, when you don't need to :s-smilie:

You used a bad example as I know nothing to do with sports. But you could do other stuff with it. And its not really wasting it (hmm idk actually) If you enjoy it but then again why spend 60k. I
pointless thread.

Depends on the individual, their aspirations and drive. Just like any degree and any job.

Having a chemical engineering degree from MIT is useless if you have the personality of a door knob, expect employers to roll out a red carpet for you and have no motivation at work in the event that you actually did land a job.

In contrast, getting a minimum wage job straight out of school is fine as long as the person has some sort of drive and ability to work themselves up the ladder, maybe ever start their own business or something.

A degree, or the uni that gives you the degree only shows a very small fraction of a person, there is so much more to take into account.
Reply 8
Maybe they enjoy sports science at an ex poly and want the experience of being a student... It is a lot of money to waste though.
Original post by intelligent con

Totes a bad degree. It would be a waste of money as well as wasting your life. I'd go for a job over a crap degree coz at least then I'd be working.
It totally depends on what you think is right.
However, you may get a push at university- they could help you build your CV and the degree has transferable skills

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying a worthless degree. Where can a "degree" in women's studies actualy get you in the real world?

Quick Reply

Latest