The Student Room Group

Emojis?

I'm friends with this girl, we used to be close but she has a boyfriend now. We made out about 6 months ago.

We never normally text like that or send kisses or anything, but on NYE she sent me several faces blowing kisses and again, we don't normally text in this manner. Furthermore, it's been 4-5 months since we were close, I've moved away now and haven't seen her in months.

I know it was NYE but on previous new years nothing like this has happened. Was she trying to send a message?
No, she's not sending a message. Texts are very casual, and emoticons mean absolutely nothing whatsoever.
Yeah don't read into emjois too much. She has a boyfriend and its been a long time since anything happened between you two, so don't get your hopes up.

But with that said, clearly you want the message to be there, so why don't you casually get in touch with her and see if there really is something there?
Reply 3
Original post by dean01234
Yeah don't read into emjois too much. She has a boyfriend and its been a long time since anything happened between you two, so don't get your hopes up.

But with that said, clearly you want the message to be there, so why don't you casually get in touch with her and see if there really is something there?

Tbh I'm not sure I do, there have been other signs but it's getting to the point where I'm gonna cut contact because any resemblance of a normal friendship has gone.

I've told her how I feel about her before so I'm not sure if she's just exploiting that when she's wanting some attention.

I have moved on and we're certainly drifting and I don't really think she should be texting me like that tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending