The Student Room Group

English Language Ba - help needed with syntax!

I'm a first year student at Uni, and I took a module in English language called shaping sounds and syntax. I'm struggling massively with the syntax. We have to learn x-bar theory and how to draw syntax trees, but I still haven't been able to draw one correctly yet. Does anyone have any advice for this? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by l.richings1
I'm a first year student at Uni, and I took a module in English language called shaping sounds and syntax. I'm struggling massively with the syntax. We have to learn x-bar theory and how to draw syntax trees, but I still haven't been able to draw one correctly yet. Does anyone have any advice for this? Thanks

You aren't at Newcastle uni by any chance, are you?
Reply 2
Original post by Soph996
You aren't at Newcastle uni by any chance, are you?
Yeah I am
Original post by l.richings1

I recommend English Words and Sentences. This book really helped me when I had to pick a Grammar meaning during my first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending