The Student Room Group

University Timetable

Was just wondering what a typical timetable for 1st year Law LLB looks like?

Im trying to figure out what my week will look like next year, if there is any Sheffield students or Durham Students doing Law (OR ANY OTHER UNIVERSITY) and can give me an insight into what a typical day/week looks like that would be great :biggrin:
Original post by Studentx97
Was just wondering what a typical timetable for 1st year Law LLB looks like?

Im trying to figure out what my week will look like next year, if there is any Sheffield students or Durham Students doing Law (OR ANY OTHER UNIVERSITY) and can give me an insight into what a typical day/week looks like that would be great :biggrin:

Timetables are going to vary a lot from uni to uni. If you're interested in a specific uni it might be best starting a thread on the unis specific forum. It's also worth bearing in mind that although the amount of hours you might be in won't vary lots from year to year (usually) the times of lectures etc is likely to be totally different.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Timetables are going to vary a lot from uni to uni. If you're interested in a specific uni it might be best starting a thread on the unis specific forum. It's also worth bearing in mind that although the amount of hours you might be in won't vary lots from year to year (usually) the times of lectures etc is likely to be totally different.

I thought that, but im just trying to get a rough idea of how many hours i will be in for next year will give me a rough template of what year 1 is like :smile:
I thought that, but im just trying to get a rough idea of how many hours i will be in for next year will give me a rough template of what year 1 is like :smile:

I'd honestly contact the uni's lecturers and ask for a rough idea. You can email them and they'll come back to you pretty quickly. :smile:
Just google it. Shouldn't be all that hard to find. I expect all unis should be pretty much the same. You might even find the unis you're looking for if you're lucky.
Reply 5
As above it varies, but I expect it to be similar - it's not hours heavy but not history or english either.
At Bristol, it's around 10-12h per week spread around.
Reply 6
Original post by Roving Fish
I'd honestly contact the uni's lecturers and ask for a rough idea. You can email them and they'll come back to you pretty quickly. :smile:

Thats a good idea haha :biggrin: Thanks i will try that and see what they say :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Inazuma
As above it varies, but I expect it to be similar - it's not hours heavy but not history or english either.
At Bristol, it's around 10-12h per week spread around.

At Durham I`ve heard it is roughly the same and Sheffield likewise. I sort of wanted to get an idea of how many days I would be required at uni etc...
Reply 8
At Durham I`ve heard it is roughly the same and Sheffield likewise. I sort of wanted to get an idea of how many days I would be required at uni etc...

Ahhh I see - with us, it's literally all annoyingly spread out over 4-5 days - an hour one day, 2/3 another split up, 2 another day etc.
I'm not sure if it's different elsewhere but I don't imagine they pile it into fewer days, I'd guess most unis would do the same and spread them (rather inconveniently I may add)
Reply 9
Original post by Inazuma
Ahhh I see - with us, it's literally all annoyingly spread out over 4-5 days - an hour one day, 2/3 another split up, 2 another day etc.
I'm not sure if it's different elsewhere but I don't imagine they pile it into fewer days, I'd guess most unis would do the same and spread them (rather inconveniently I may add)

Inconvenience at its finest would describe that better haha, i really hope i have 2-3 longer days that way you have a few days for extra reading instead of being bound for the whole week -.-
Inconvenience at its finest would describe that better haha, i really hope i have 2-3 longer days that way you have a few days for extra reading instead of being bound for the whole week -.-

It is indeed, particularly when they put 3 hours in between 2 sessions (and it takes me 30m to get there).
Hopefully so for you! (I at least have the benefit of having lectures recorded). I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Inazuma
It is indeed, particularly when they put 3 hours in between 2 sessions (and it takes me 30m to get there).
Hopefully so for you! (I at least have the benefit of having lectures recorded). I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

I hope they also record lectures :biggrin: If you dont mind me asking are you also reading law? If so how are you finding it? :smile:
I hope they also record lectures :biggrin: If you dont mind me asking are you also reading law? If so how are you finding it? :smile:

I am indeed; most tiring 2.5 years of my life lol.
Don't let me put you off, it is interesting in places, dull in others, but it is a very good degree to have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending