The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Ah I got told my start date on the phone, contract got emailed over about a day or two after the call
Got a phone call this morning, saying I got the apprenticeship and I start in September. Got told they will check my stuff and send me a contract through when that is done. Anyone any idea how long this takes?
Original post by Eagles94
Got a phone call this morning, saying I got the apprenticeship and I start in September. Got told they will check my stuff and send me a contract through when that is done. Anyone any idea how long this takes?

Jade Catherine will know but if not check the thread from last year (2015)

Just checked all my stuff & I got the call saying I'd got the job on the 6th and received my contract a week later on the 12th. If you haven't received a contract within 2 weeks of the phone call just give HR a ring and they will sort it all out for you. Good Luck☺️
Original post by jade.catherine
Just checked all my stuff & I got the call saying I'd got the job on the 6th and received my contract a week later on the 12th. If you haven't received a contract within 2 weeks of the phone call just give HR a ring and they will sort it all out for you. Good Luck☺️

Thank you, can not wait to start
Thank you, can not wait to start

What you working in and where abouts?
What you working in and where abouts?

Open reach engineer, not sure where, I live just outside London so hopefully in my area. How about you?
Reply 267
And I'm here still waiting for a hub day
Reply 268
I applied for an advanced apprenticeship in Information Technology and I received an email saying I've passed their initial screening and that my application is being progressed to be considered for an assessment centre? Anyone know how long it would take?
Original post by DBXVII
I applied for an advanced apprenticeship in Information Technology and I received an email saying I've passed their initial screening and that my application is being progressed to be considered for an assessment centre? Anyone know how long it would take?

What area are you in? They need to have sufficient applications from one area or area near by in order to set up a assessment centre. Could take weeks or months. I applied for information technology in London & Watford. Got a call after my assessment centre date was given saying there were no more placements for London would I still like to be considered for Watford obviously I said yes. Instead of Information technology now I will be working BT TSO which essentially had the same things entailed just a different sector of the business. I start on the 19th of September. I'm more than happy to help assist you if you need any help☺️ good luck!
Original post by DBXVII

Read the past threads to get an idea. It generally depends on the vacancies they have in your area and how many applicants have applied in your area. They need enough for a hub day and enough jobs to support one and enough competition to narrow down. From the info you have it is obvious that you have passed the initial sift so well done! The next stage is waiting until they gather enough applicants and then they will screen your application in greater detail once a role is identified. If you pass this screening then you have a hub placement and will get an email with the venue details and what preparation you need to conduct. The number of jobs.. well thats a question I cant answer to be frank as every area is different. I am in one of the more difficult areas and to give you a taste 3 out of 24 applicants got the job for engineering in my area. IT is based down south so I take it you may get invited to the same place Jade Catherine got invited to. Jade Catherine is great to talk to about this, she is starting within IT in September and she also passed with flying colours :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 271
What area are you in? They need to have sufficient applications from one area or area near by in order to set up a assessment centre. Could take weeks or months. I applied for information technology in London & Watford. Got a call after my assessment centre date was given saying there were no more placements for London would I still like to be considered for Watford obviously I said yes. Instead of Information technology now I will be working BT TSO which essentially had the same things entailed just a different sector of the business. I start on the 19th of September. I'm more than happy to help assist you if you need any help☺️ good luck!

I'm in London, so if there are no placements they ask if you would consider another area? As far as I'm concerned I only chose London.
Original post by DBXVII
I'm in London, so if there are no placements they ask if you would consider another area? As far as I'm concerned I only chose London.

You can update your preferences in your application on BT Taleo.
Reply 273
Original post by DanBrandon89
You can update your preferences in your application on BT Taleo.

Thanks, I noticed there's an application down for Advanced Apprentice IT - TSO, it wasn't there before. Is that the role they think would suit me? I'm trying to understand how this works a little better.
Original post by DBXVII
Thanks, I noticed there's an application down for Advanced Apprentice IT - TSO, it wasn't there before. Is that the role they think would suit me? I'm trying to understand how this works a little better.

You have selected IT and they have found a role that you have selected that would be of interest to you. Jade is going to be working in TSO so you may be working together if you get through :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by DanBrandon89
You have selected IT and they have found a role that you have selected that would be of interest to you. Jade is going to be working in TSO so you may be working together if you get through :smile:

Great well fingers crossed, thanks for your help. :smile:
Original post by DBXVII
Great well fingers crossed, thanks for your help. :smile:

If they don't have roles for IT they will offer you something else that is similar, they will always aim to find you a place that is similar to what you applied for. If you want some information about TSO I can always send you what then sent me.
Reply 277
If they don't have roles for IT they will offer you something else that is similar, they will always aim to find you a place that is similar to what you applied for. If you want some information about TSO I can always send you what then sent me.

Yes, that would be great if you don't mind? :smile:
Reply 278

Could you give me some information as well please ?
Original post by A_Jae
Could you give me some information as well please ?

I'll post it today ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending