The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by taylor_vs
Been waiting nearly 4 weeks to get feedback from my hub day then got an email this morning saying i was successful but theres no vacancies available at the minute :frown:

Hello Taylor, Thanks for coming along to an assessment centre for a BT Apprenticeship, it was great to meet you. I am pleased to tell you that you were successful at the assessment hub but unfortunately at the moment all of our vacancies have been filled with other candidates. However, our 2016 campaign isn’t closed and we do often find that we change locations of some vacancies throughout the campaign. We will keep your application on file and if any suitable apprentice vacancies become available we will be in touch with you to see if you are still interested. If this does happen you won’t have to attend another assessment centre for this campaign.

I got told exactly the same thing mate !!!!
Original post by adampage29
I got told exactly the same thing mate !!!!

At least you met the criteria and will be offered a role when one becomes available. Well done!
Original post by jade.catherine
You will be invited to an assessment Center when they have enough candidates from your area. I applied for IT apprenticeship and then got put forward for TSO IT. In the application they ask if your willing to apply for other very similar jobs if they have them available so you most likely will be offered to go to an assessment Center for the option that has come up recently on your job page.

I have been through the process and am starting at BT in leavesden, Watford on the 19th of September.

Good Luck!

Thanks!
Received an email saying I've passed the initial screening and they've identified a match they think is suitable. The next step is now to be invited to an assessment centre when they have enough candidates in my area.

Anyone shed any info on what the assessment centres are like? I applied for the role of an engineer.
I applied for a BT apprenticeship a while back (end of March), and was going to go to an assessment centre. I haven't heard back yet, but I did get a call from some BT number (0800 328 9393) yesterday and missed the call (I'm currently in work so it's difficult to answer during the day. I called them back but got through to an automated voice telling me I couldn't call the number back and that if they needed to get hold of me, they would contact me. Of course, they called me back a second time, but whilst I was in the middle of a call, so they couldn't get through again. I emailed the email address that they gave for apprenticeships on all their emails and such, but I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions

Obviously, my main concern is that they were trying to get hold of me for the apprenticeship and I have no way to call them back!
Original post by Suedehead1
Received an email saying I've passed the initial screening and they've identified a match they think is suitable. The next step is now to be invited to an assessment centre when they have enough candidates in my area.

Anyone shed any info on what the assessment centres are like? I applied for the role of an engineer.

Read the previous pages, it has been discussed.

Original post by boldasbric
I applied for a BT apprenticeship a while back (end of March), and was going to go to an assessment centre. I haven't heard back yet, but I did get a call from some BT number (0800 328 9393) yesterday and missed the call (I'm currently in work so it's difficult to answer during the day. I called them back but got through to an automated voice telling me I couldn't call the number back and that if they needed to get hold of me, they would contact me. Of course, they called me back a second time, but whilst I was in the middle of a call, so they couldn't get through again. I emailed the email address that they gave for apprenticeships on all their emails and such, but I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions

Obviously, my main concern is that they were trying to get hold of me for the apprenticeship and I have no way to call them back!

The caller should have left their direct number if they are calling from HR. Otherwise they will email you dont worry.
what did you apply for mate
Original post by DanBrandon89
At least you met the criteria and will be offered a role when one becomes available. Well done!

Thanks ! Just the agonising wait !!!
Original post by taylor_vs
what did you apply for mate

IT Networks mate
@jade.catherine

http://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/Ourlocations/UK/Apprenticeships/HowToApply/FAQs/index.htm

Salaries start at £14,466 per annum, and are dependent upon the type of role you are offered. You will need to discuss this with the person who interviews you and it will be clearly shown in any contract sent to you. Increases are determined by your performance against set milestones throughout the apprenticeship.
Hey

I've got my assessment on Thursday in Belfast, I dont remember applying for this specific role but its Business Solutions. I'm panicing at the minute and just wondering if anyone has ever done this sort of assessment before and could give me some tips??
Original post by ryanC1992
Hey

I've got my assessment on Thursday in Belfast, I dont remember applying for this specific role but its Business Solutions. I'm panicing at the minute and just wondering if anyone has ever done this sort of assessment before and could give me some tips??

Have a look on previous pages have talked about it before. It's nothing to worry about they make you feel as comfortable as possible. You will do a group task and also a single presentation which they send you a document so that you can prepare for it
Danbrandon89 have you recieved your contracts yet?

Has anyone else goy their contracts, i understand there is a apparent delay but just wondered the time frame expected.

Thanks all.
Original post by Richiesmithie

Has anyone else goy their contracts, i understand there is a apparent delay but just wondered the time frame expected.

Thanks all.

I got mine within a 2 week time fram and am meant to relieve something else by the end of this month.

Thanks all.

No mate, I am waiting patiently.

Thanks all.

When I emailed them, they said about 6 weeks
Original post by Eagles94
When I emailed them, they said about 6 weeks

thanks thats a useful bit of information.
Hi I had an email last week saying ive passed so far and just waiting for other candidates to have an assessment day? anyone know the likely the wait will be. and anyone been in this situation?
they have also changed the role to Advanced engineering apprenticeship - TSO?
Original post by Charhill92
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has been successful for the engineering apprenticeship to start in sept?

Yes there are a few of us, read the previous posts for more info.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending